Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I want to put my 2 cents in. I owned Blaze for two years and my dad decided to buy me Ionic for my birthday, so last week we went to BestBuy and I got a shiny new beautiful watch/tracker. I could not believe what improvement is on Blaze. BUT, just  a week later I have the issues with charging, it does not charge. I tried restarting it numerous times and it just didn't work. Then I contacted customer service and was floored with the lies.

1. The guy told me I exhausted all troubleshooting - I only restarted the watch a few times

2. He said - watch this - that the watch was registered in November of 2017 and hence my warranty is void! WTF? I told him I have a bill and the watch is new. He stubbornly refused.

I went to BestBuy and they called them to be told the same thing. And guess what, the charger did not work properly. 

I am considering now returning it and getting Apple Watch (even though I like tracking my sleep) because I hate liars. Anybody else had those issues? Anybody else feels that this is highway robbery?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, 

I want to put my 2 cents in. I owned Blaze for two years and my dad decided to buy me Ionic for my birthday, so last week we went to BestBuy and I got a shiny new beautiful watch/tracker. I could not believe what improvement is on Blaze. BUT, just  a week later I have the issues with charging, it does not charge. I tried restarting it numerous times and it just didn't work. Then I contacted customer service and was floored with the lies.

1. The guy told me I exhausted all troubleshooting - I only restarted the watch a few times

2. He said - watch this - that the watch was registered in November of 2017 and hence my warranty is void! WTF? I told him I have a bill and the watch is new. He stubbornly refused.

I went to BestBuy and they called them to be told the same thing. And guess what, the charger did not work properly. 

I am considering now returning it and getting Apple Watch (even though I like tracking my sleep) because I hate liars. Anybody else had those issues? Anybody else feels that this is highway robbery?

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the forums @Sapphy 

Your two posts were merged together so you will get any responses in this one thread.

It seems the problem is with Best Buy. You should go there and get them to exchange the Ionic for a new one. Sometimes a person returns an item and it ends up being re-sold without the new owner knowing it was used. It's amazing, but many retail places can repackage an item where it looks as though it came straight from the factory. Take your receipt and the device back to Best Buy and get them to help you. Fitbit has no control over what Best Buy does, but they can only tell you what your devices shows as when it's been set up. Sorry this happened to you and hope you can get Best Buy to make it right.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I agree with @Odyssey13 Best Buy has gotten in trouble a few times for selling repackaged goods as new. Plus when a lithium battery has been charged and left alone for a long time the battery will start breaking down internally. 

My thought would be to go back to Best Buy. 

Every Fitbit has a unique identifier and its usage is easily traced. 

Best Answer