Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer Playlists not Downloading/Playing on Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update -- 4/3/18: This issue is now resolved.

Hi all. 

Just wanted to jump in here to thank everyone who took the time to report that their Deezer playlists were not uploading to Ionic. 

Your quick reports have helped our team to implement a fix. You should now be able to upload playlists from Deezer to your Ionic. 

If you are still seeing grayed out tracks on your playlist, I would recommend removing your playlists, restarting Ionic and starting from scratch. 

If your upload is freezing or failing during the process, I advise putting your Ionic on its charger, move it as close to their router as possible and "Force Sync" to attempt the download again. 

For more information on uploading Deezer playlists to Ionic, check out this article

I hope this information has been helpful! If you continue to have any issues uploading playlists, feel free to let me know! 

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

I hope for you it is gonna work!

For my part I tried absolutely everything and nothing worked... I've given up and just uploaded some of my personal old CD music

Best Answer

Must of been a fluke, got to 85% then same old story.

Favorites playlist only getting 5% with the same process

Best Answer

I did the same. At least get some kind of music playback since it seems like FitBit just wants to blame the user and stick their head in the sand relating to this problem. This will be my last FitBit product ever at this rate. Bought specifically for this functionality and it doesn't work.

I tried an older device, factory reset, removed all links between accounts. Basically started from scratch. Same issue still.

Best Answer

I got it to work. I will update after further experimentation to see exactly what I did.

For now try what this guy says. It's not the clearest but best I can figure is forcing a connect to WiFi and then immediately forcing sync is what did it. I also stayed in settings the entire time to make sure that my IP Address setting never showed WiFi not connected.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Can-t-download-music-on-Ionic/m-p/3648070/highlight/true#M1044...

My thought is that it is either granting full permissions or connecting to WiFi and then immediately forcing a sync to Deezer. If I had to guess I'd say it's the permissions but I want to test further.

**UPDATE** I am now convinced it is all a permissions issue with the Fitbit app. I got more music transferred with no problems not doing anything other than the permissions change. Now I'm going to go back and start disabling permissions to see which ones are required and which ones are unnecessary.

Best Answer

Thanks RegularSizeRoss! The permissions seem to be the issue alright. I actually have a Versa watch and have been trying to download Deezer music onto it. I enabled all of the Permissions in the Deezer app on my phone by mistake but it still seems to have worked! I now have a full Playlist on my watch! Woohoo!

Best Answer

Thanks you all for all the information that you have given about this specific issue with Deezer.

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue with syncing Deezer playlists, sharing the solutions and helpful tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating. I am glad to hear that Deezer have been working on the fix and that the issue has been resolved for some users. I appreciate your time and efforts. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing the question . You can use musconv tool . I think that musconv is one of the best tool for playlist download . 

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes