Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deezer not showing all my playlists?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone!

I've been using Deezer on my Fitbit Ionic for a few weeks now and I've noticed a bug in the Android app (I'm not sure if Apple/iOS will have the same problem).

When I sync my watch on wifi with watch plugged on power etc.   In the app i choose "media" and then Deezer, it shows the couple of playlists I sync'd (when I first got my watch at Xmas) but as I scroll down it only shows me about 25 playlists.   Yesterday I created a new playlist - it doesn't show in my list so I can't sync it (I've tried creating about 4 different ones with 4 different lots of songs and nothing).  Why... how can I listen to a new playlist?

I've raised this issue on the Deezer Community as well.  Anybody any ideas?

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @RobIgoUK.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing the experience you've had. I will be moving this thread to the Ionic board as I think it is better suited for it.

In this case I'd like to ask some questions on the matter:

• Are you getting some sort of error message?
  • When did this start happening?

In the meantime I'd recommend that you try to erase some playlists and then trying to sync the others. That should definitely help in getting it all to work correctly.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit 

thanks for taking the time to reply.  I've had the fitbit since Xmas so had only transferred 1 playlist over before so only just noticed the problem - there's no error message just not showing all my playlists.

I've deleted some playlists last night and some of my new playlists appeared but not all.  I've created a new playlist this morning and even though I get the app to refresh (pulling down) it doesn't show it - it's 100% not showing all my playlists which is really frustrating as I can't add new music when I want 😞 

I've also mentioned this on the Deezer Community 🙂 here: - https://en.deezercommunity.com/other-devices-49/can-t-choose-the-playlist-i-want-to-sync-with-my-fit...

Hopefully between Deezer and Fitbit you can fix this (bit of a Gotcha not being able to see all my playlists!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RobIgoUK.

Thanks for reaching back with those details. Glad to read that some did show up after removing others.

It could be that the Fitbit's memory is not allowing the newest playlists to be added. As such I'd recommend that you try to continue removing the ones that you are not using to get the ones that you will. 

Please do keep me posted on how it goes with them or if you have any other questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit 

this is not to do with fitbit's memory as the problem is with the app (Android).  As I mentioned, when I choose Deezer (within Music on the fitbit app) and then choose "Add Music" it doesn't show all my newly created playlists (nothing to do with fitbits memory as I can't even see my playlist to try and transfer it).

Please pass this to your development team as I only bought a fitbit because I was a Deezer user.  Being only able to listen to "some" of my playlists isn't good enough.

Best Answer

Hello @RobIgoUK.

Thanks for that clarification.

I'd like to know if you have received word from Deezer about this yet or not at all? Knowing their input on the matter would be helpful to better understand what is going on.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LanuzaFitbit 

it's on their community raised by me.

https://en.deezercommunity.com/other-devices-49/can-t-choose-the-playlist-i-want-to-sync-with-my-fit...

EDIT: 

I've an update for you which might help your devs. I deleted a couple of playlists and created a playlist called "Albums Fitbit" and added some tracks to it after a day it appeared and allowed me to sync it. I've just logged on to Deezer via the web and added tracks to this playlist and the Fitbit immediately see's them and lets' me sync them (as in the playlist has more tracks).

The problem only seems to be the visibility of playlists - you can't see them all (that are your own obviously). I hope that helps your devs.

just some more information for you.  Today I've created 4 new playlists:-

Kamikaze

Night Drive Without You

Wasteland Baby (this is from a new album put on Deezer yesterday)

Ordinary Drugs

You'll see in the Fitbit App that only 3 show, Wasteland Baby won't show.  However... if I add this new album (all the tracks) to my existing playlist I have called "Fitbit Albums" it works?Deezer Playlists.JPGScreenshot_20190302-125352.png

Moderator edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

I have just bought a versa 2 and am having this exact problem... I have 86 Deezer playlists but fitbit only lists 25 of them. I have tried renaming one to try and 'bump it up the alphabet' but this hasn't worked either. I've favourite-ed all tracks in one of the playlists, this hasn't worked. I've played the playlist.. Nothing has worked. I don't want to delete any of my other playlists as I use them in different contexts, just don't want them on my fitbit for the gym. Why does fitbit limit the number of visible playlists to 25? Surely the app developers would be able to allow you to 'de-select' the playlists you don't want, to free up some of the 24 spaces for the playlists you do want, in the same way that you get rid of the exercises you don't want so you have space to add the ones you do. Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks

Best Answer

I just got my versa 2 and this is happening to me as well..  I can't see the playlist I want to see!  It's very very frustrating.  I've tried deleting some and renaming and have managed to get a couple to show up,  but I feel like I'm jumping through hoops.   It's really a shame that something like this can actually be a lingering issue!  I'm very disappointed in the community managers on this site not doing more to help us.  Do they now realize that many of us are purchasing premium deezer so that we can download our playlist to our watches?

I'm very good with tech,  and I can download music from the fitbit app pulling from deezer without issue,  the problem is not being able to see the all of your playlist or newly created ones.  It's so hit and miss and very very frustrating.

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. 

The only workaround I have found is to rename the playlists I want to show up with an A or a number 1 at the beginning of the title.

It seems to take around a week or so for it to show up on Fitbit after changing the name on Deezer. You need to sync Deezer and then Fitbit after you've renamed the playlists, but even that didn't make them show up for me. They appeared randomly after around a week, sometimes this process takes longer. It seems random with nothing I can do to speed it up. 

Best Answer

100%...  I have figured out that it comes down to having too many playlist.  I had about 40 playlist I transferred over from spotify to deezer and this was the problem.  I deleted all of my playlist with the exception of about 25 and I got them all to finally show up.  I think you're right though,  you need to rename it to something early in the alphabet if you want it to show up and then sync.

Once you get the music on the watch it's a game changer and works incredibly well.  I love leaving my phone in my car when I go to the gym now.  It's just one less thing to worry about while working out.  I'm a little old school and remember what it was like to not have a phone 24/7 so I appreciate stepping back in time and not having to have it with me.  I find myself wanting to check social media on my breaks but I quickly remind myself that it's a positive thing.

Back on topic though,  there is definitely a bug while using geezer on the versa 2 so I'm going to head over now and list it as a report.  There is no way it should be this hard to see our playlist within the fitbit app.

Best Answer

Hello, any news on this? @RobIgoUK @LanuzaFitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes