Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we delete pre-installed apps on Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will it be possible to delete pre-installed apps like Pandora and Starbucks? Pandora isn't available in Germany and I don't really want a 350€ Starbucks ad on my wrist?

Screenshot_20170920-074001.png

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It will be a capability to add/remove apps from the app:

You can choose to delete most apps installed on Ionic.

To remove an app:
1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon ( ) > Ionic tile.
2. Tap or click Apps.
3. Under My Apps, find the app you want to remove. You may have to scroll down to see some of the apps.

4. Tap or click the app > Remove.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Haha no idea, but it is a good question. Neither of those are available in Australia.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I believe you can check and uncheck the apps you want/don't want in the Fitbit app on your phone. I will post back for more info later

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will be a capability to add/remove apps from the app:

You can choose to delete most apps installed on Ionic.

To remove an app:
1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon ( ) > Ionic tile.
2. Tap or click Apps.
3. Under My Apps, find the app you want to remove. You may have to scroll down to see some of the apps.

4. Tap or click the app > Remove.

Best Answer

This is a great question, I don't want the Credit card, Starbucks, or Pandora clogging up my unit....I look forward to seeing how easy this can be done.

Best Answer

Yes you can. On your phone open up the Fitbit app.

1. Go to your account and click your devise (Ionic). Choose Apps.

2. Under My Apps (which is what's install in your Fitbit) scroll down to whatever app you want to delete for example Pandora.

3. Click Pandora. You will see the Unistall. Click Unistall

4. Go back to your Fitbit and you'll see it's deleted.

I did noticed that some apps take longer to show it's deleted. I have even turn off and on my Fitbit and it still was there. It eventually got deleted so give it some time after you click Unistall. 

I have a Samsung 8+ . I'm sure it's the same with other phones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't seem to get rid of the weather app. ARGH

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything I could think of to Remove Weather but no luck.  The Uninstall option doesn't appear and I've been unable to get it to appear.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Rosanna
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I noticed the uninstall is not there for us to be able to delete. I would suggest calling support for this. If you do, please post what they said about it. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good hint - the fact it doesn't work (but theoretically should)

Best Answer
0 Votes