Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device compatibility...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought a newly released Huawei M5 MediaPad recently and long story short the Ionic will not stay synced (believe me I've spent hours trying!)

CS are telling me it's because it's not on the supported device list. Neither were the last 2 android tablets it ran perfectly on though. My question therefore is can the device actually make a difference if it is running the current version of Android or am I being fobbed off?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Its always best to check the compatibility list before assuming it will work. Things change quickly and I sure its hard to keep up with all the new devices coming out.

I'm sure thy will get it added sometime

Compatibility list

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I do get that I just can't get my head around what difference the actual device makes when running the same version of Android?

The list is woefully out of date for many top manufacturers. This tablet was released 2 months ago so I'm not holding my breath! Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you gotten it to pair? Or sync at all?

I looked up the specs on the tablet, and I don't see Bluetooth 4.x listed?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

It worked fine for 2 days. Then nothing. Did the usual reset/ forget etc and hit a wall. Did a hard reset and it worked for 12 hours. Repeated numerous times over 5 days following all advice to the the letter. Every time I have to reset it stops syncing faster. Last night it was half an hour 😑

The watch works perfectly on my old iPad. The Huawei Is running Bluetooth 4.2

"

WirelessWi-Fi: IEEE802.11a/b/g/n/ac; 2.4 GHz/ 5 GHz Bluetooth: 4.2, optional LTE

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it worked for a bit, I'm hopeful it can work again. I think there's so many tweaks that different phone manufacturers do on the OS level that Fitbit can only test so many. I do know there are people that have made things work with unsupported devices. The problem can be when future app or firmware updates break some functionality that initially worked on unsupported devices.

If I may ask, did you unpair the Ionic from your old tablets before loading the app on the new one, assuming the old ones are still around?

BTW, how do you like the tablet? It looks really nice.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I unpaired from all but the last because it bricked. Did a factory reset however and as I said it was fine for a good while. 

Really loving the new tablet. It has the Apple quality feeling with the much better Android experience. Not cheap but not Apple £££. It's so good I've just bought my good lady one as well. Huawei are definitely moving up in the game👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

@judeep,

Have you turned off other Bluetooth devices (or at least logged out of the Fitbit App)?  Fitbit trackers can get pretty confused if multiple devices (computers, phones, or tablets) are trying to communicate with it at once.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Sure have, no difference 😑

Best Answer
0 Votes