Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not holding charge - Feedback about Ionic and Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Fitbit community,

My Fitbit Iconic will no longer charge. I don’t use it regularly. I purchased it in Sept of 2018 for marathon training after I lost my blaze in a house fire. Nothing but a black screen. I called the help desk who simply had me wipe it down as I had already done including the wire and hold the buttons to reset it. After these two simple tests I was told “unfortunately, it’s broken and your warranty ran out in 9/2019. I can offer you a discount of 25% to purchase a new one”. Honestly...300 dollars for a year? Lily, my rep, refused to assist me any further to file a complaint about the products life span. It was atrocious customer service. Any one have this experience with their product and experience for assistance their “high end” watches?

Sincerely,

An extremely disappointed customer

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I barely had my ionic for a year and it did the same thing. Sadly been a customer with the altaHR, blaze2 and now the ionic. Fool me 3 time . Shame on me i guess...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Warranty is here. You are past the warranty period

You also said you didn't wear it all the time. Not charging it destroys the battery

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Wendy,

I was marathon training. If the battery was low I charged it for running. I didn’t wear it daily. I bought it for its training uses. I expect an expensive product to work more than a year when properly cared for. I also expect Fitbit to back their product. They do not. It’s a shame. 

Respectfully,

Disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

New here. Saw this and wanted to ask how often should I charge my fitbit? Have only had this a few weeks. Inspire - I wear it virtually all of the time. The only time that I have had to charge it was a couple of days ago - and only because there was an update which required that I hook it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear this. Thank you for the heads up. I am greatful to you for sharing your experience, I am sorry that it wasn't a good one for you. I am glad that I have been prompted to look to the brains trust on this forum! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to hear this. 

I have to say though, I am finished with Fitbit, I am in Europe so we have 2 year guarantee. The store where I bought my Ionic gives a a new 2year warranty on each new device. Tomorrow I take back my third Ionic. Will be my fourth device in around 15Months.

Fitbit quality is shocking, one minute device works, next just dead. 

In fact I will try my hardest tomorrow to get the store to let me choose a Samsung smartwatch and just pay the difference  

The Ionic I take back tomorrow has lasted all of 3 months  Fitbit really needs too sort out product quality  

Best Answer
0 Votes