Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device restart when using Bluetooth earphones and exercising

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I have been exercising for approx 40 minutes and my ionic is connected to Bluetooth earphones, it switches off and restarts. Does anyone have any ideas.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @traceydvs, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? Which Bluetooth earphones are you using? Do you experience this after starting an exercise from the exercise shortcuts or with your daily stats too? If it's with an exercise, which one? In the meantime I receive your answers, please restart your Ionic and if possible, restart your earphones too.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this issue too. It has happens whilst on a run or bike ride. It happens at 7mins into the activity. It has always happened since I bought bluetooth headphones. I use Mpow D7 headphones.

Any guidance gratefully received.

Thanks

Tom

Best Answer

Mine has happened at random times during running so far, always while on bluetooth (jlabs).

Best Answer

The ear phones I see are Havit Bluetooth headphones 4.2 IPX5 sweat proof magnetic wireless earphones. It happens when I use the running and walking exercise shortcuts but I have not tried them with any other exercises or without any shortcuts. This has happened since I have had my ionic.

Best Answer

so today bebe going out for a run I restarted both my ionic & headphones and they paired fine.

but now my ionic won’t connect to GPS. 

so I don’t even know if that fixed the Bluetooth issue. 

i give up 

🤦‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

No problems on my run today. I thought I would mention the blue tooth headphones I have are Bluetooth 5 whatever that means. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it happened again this morning.  My ionic shut down the run at 1.99 miles and actually shut itself down at 2.25 miles. It restarted automatically, bluetooth reconnected and put it in run mode and continued my run.  I lost 1/4 mile of data. This is the 3rd or 4th time now and it never happens at the same distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Ricardo,

I have had the problem several more times.  There does not seem to be a pattern as far as time or distance goes.  The device shuts down and then takes several minutes to get going again. FYI, None of the buttons are being accidentally pressed and it has happened under clear skies. I must say it really throws off your pace.  I hope FitBit has escalated this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still Happening, even after the latest update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to jump on this thread but did you ever get this resolved? Mine is doing it again. About thirty minutes into a run it just restarts. I have used fitbit flyer, airpods, mpow and jabra earphones and it does it with them all. The watch is two and a half years old so not that old but really getting annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
To be honest, I needed to renew my Fitbit and I haven’t added songs to it as yet so have mr tried this out again.
Best Answer