Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device works but screen blank, only back-light works.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey folks.

I think my Ionic died on me yesterday. Charged it on saturday, on sunday I noticed I missed my daily alarm. The Ionic turns on when I do the swivel motion, but the screen remains black, only the back-light works.

My first action was the reset. Only back-light. After that I was even able to do yesterdays firmware update, all without seeing what happens, only back-light. 

After that I put on a new clock face, just to be sure, same thing.

Third action was the complete reset. I removed the device from my account, unpaired the blue-tooth from both my Android and Windows machines and performed the full reset. I was able to start the pairing operation, but got stuck on giving the numbers to pair, because the screen was still back-light only.

I bought the Ionic from Amazon.fr, but there doesn't appear to be a way to send it back to them. I've contacted support. I'd rather not go through the hassle of sending it back, so I'm hoping for a magic fix from you lot. (Though I'm doubtful, I think it's really broken.)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It seems as though you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps. From what you are saying it sounds like this is a hardware failure of the LCD. Unfortunately I think your only option is to send it back for a replacement 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It seems as though you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps. From what you are saying it sounds like this is a hardware failure of the LCD. Unfortunately I think your only option is to send it back for a replacement 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I thought as much. Thanks for dashing my hopes 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes