Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties to charge my Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic has given me problems.   Occasionally, it would send a low battery message, then when I plugged it in, it would go dark, not charge and not turn on.   After several of these episodes, it "magically" started charging again a few days later.   It became so frequent that I found an old Charge2 that I use as backup while I am waiting for the Ionic to decide to charge again.

I finally figured that the problem happened when the power was in the "red" zone, less than 25% power.   The last time I refused to charge, i left it sitting there for 3 days, then it lit up when I plugged it in, was at 0 power and started charging.

Now, I saw that it was at 34% power, decided to top up the charge, and it went dead again.   No response, no charging, I am back to the back up Charge2.   This is very frustrating, I like the features of the Ionic, especially the wristband clip, but I can only use it for about 3 days a week.   I would like to use the same one every day.

The Charge 2 now needs an elastic band around the wristband to keep it on my wrist. but that's a different problem.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I have the same issue. It was charge yesterday with 50%, I woke up this morning and it drained completely and now wont charge. I will moved outlets, laptop USB ports etc, rubbed the contacts with alcohol to clean it up, pressed all sorts of button for many seconds and that thing wont start.... Is it time to through fitbit away and move to apple or samsung watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @JanetMcN2.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

To try to resolve the issue, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this article.

If you followed the instructions shared above without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes