Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties with Ionic features

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have just purchased a Ionic Fitbit, however within a couple of days, I am finding it really does not do what it should ...

1) Yesterday morning I rode one hour to work on my bike, the ride was start manually through “bike exercise” option. When I arrived , my steps had increased by 6000, I had climbed 49 flights of stairs and fibit had logged a one hour ride. On the way home, I let the Ionic automatically track the one hour ride, but yet again my steps and stairs increased by another 5000-6000.

The is clearly a software fault. As the daily activity including calorie count is massively inaccurate. Steps/Stairs should not increase when a ride is started.  a Big big!

2) Fitbit website suggests the watch tracks swimming activity:
When swimming the optical HR monitor does not work. Therefore the calorie count for this exercise is massively inaccurate. So apart from count pool lengths (whooopeee), fairly useless.

3) Fitbit website suggests the watch works with Strava:
However, swims are not uploaded to Strava. So again, this is misleading marketing information.

note: never had this issue with my Garmin  735 when swimming and uploading to strava

4) Strava/Fitbit syn on rides and runs takes forever (hours/days), and sometimes just never works.

Again, my gamin was fairly instant

I really like the Fitbit watch, its a nice UI.

However would also be nice ... if it actually worked.

For £280, I expect things to be better than a cheap £50 imitation from aliexpress. 

Thanks

Matt

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@mcrofty Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the experienced you have had so far with Ionic and its features. Also, thanks for your feedback.

First of, I believe you just recently updated Ionic to its latest firmware version (OS 2.1, version 32.10.15). Is this correct? If it is, please let me know if the update fixed this for you and if you are still experiencing the same?

Regarding the heart rate readings while swimming; it is intended that the swimming activities will not track heart rate. This is because the sensor won't work accurately under water. Calories tracked should be accurate. I found an idea on the Feature Suggestions Board related to this, feel free to cast a vote and leave a comment too to show support:

Regarding Strava, only GPS activities will be synced with Strava. As swimming is not a GPS activity it will not sync to Strava. Activities could take a while to sync to the Strava App, but definitely not days. It should show the last 10 GPS activities done with Fitbit. You could try unlinking Strava from Ionic and linking them back again.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes