Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount on Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It  would be nice if FitBit would offer (hopefully retroactively) some discount on the Iconic for long-time FitBit users. Also for pre-orders. Please?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ozymandius @DK2174 @Digitenor @moosecat We appreciate your interest in Fitbit Ionic. It's priced competitively and the discount offer is only eligible for our tracker product line. As Ionic is our first official smartwatch, different policies apply.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

I just got off a chat with tech support, and while I was given a discount code to get a new fitbit because my Charge HR just died, the Ionic was not one of the options. I decided therefore to go for a Blaze, but they're all out of stock, and won't be available for a while (6-8 weeks for the one I wanted). Couldn't the $100 for the Blaze just go towards the Ionic? It would be available faster, and I would still be playing Fitbit double whatI would for a new Blaze. The tech support person I spoke with suggested I raise this possibility in this forum.  Thank you for your time.

Best Answer

Just community moderators here DK, sounds like the tech support bumped you.

Try emailing fitbit, they're the ones that I presume gave you the discount, but go back to them.

I guess your charge was out of warranty and so they will not fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Considering the amount of money I spent on a Blaze, that got very few updates, yeah that'd be really nice.

I'm a bit disappointed with the value of my first FitBit when it comes to this. They never fixed or implemented so many requests, even ones that have been in their other products. Feels like they skipped over the Blaze to develop the Ionic, and I'm skeptical as to how much feedback from the Blaze was taken into account.

After spending $200 x2 on the Blaze for my husband and I, with the lack of support it's gotten, $300 for the Ionic is a slap in the face. They're probably going to release it and get right to work on the next version for 2018 or early 2019. I hope they prove me wrong.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

I'm not sure why Tech Support would suggest you post here, @DK2174.  As @Digitenor mentioned, we are just other Fitbit users here. Even Community Council members, like myself, are simply volunteers who enjoy helping others. I suggest you do as suggested and contact Support again, possibly by email, laying out your argument of paying out double the money if you can order the Iconic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ozymandius @DK2174 @Digitenor @moosecat We appreciate your interest in Fitbit Ionic. It's priced competitively and the discount offer is only eligible for our tracker product line. As Ionic is our first official smartwatch, different policies apply.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Just a question for those upset about this......does Polar, Tomtom, Apple, or Samsung offer these kinds of discounts for current users?  The answer is a clear NO.  Not fair to complain at Fitbit that they won't/don't do this when no one else in the industry does it.....the policy would be used and abused to say the least.

Best Answer

@moosecat They are already working on the Blaze 2 for 2018

Best Answer
0 Votes

I predict a Black Friday sale at $250.00. If not that low; I'm sure the price will drop at retail shops for Black Friday and online for Cyber Monday. Either way I'm getting one for Christmas. 

Best Answer

I'm not so much upset about the lack of discount, just the lack of BASIC updates to existing products that gives me no faith in new products being properly supported. Paying a full $300 on something the Blaze was obviously a predecessor for, when they couldn't support my prior $200 purchase, is not encouraging.

That said there are discounts from other smart device suppliers. It's called a trade-in.

Best Answer

Sorry, but I call BS in the lack of updates.  The blaze had a ton of updates.  New faces (2 different times), addition of the Relax mode, notifications from more apps, emojis in notifications, REMINDERS TO MOVE, and other fixes.

This was more updating then I had with my Polar A360 and my Huawei Watch. 

Best Answer

Really?  A Blaze 2?  I just assumed that the Ionic would mean the end of the Blaze....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would not call that "a ton" of updates. They gave more fluff and neglected user-selectable options and complaints. Reminders to move was advertised from the start, so I don't really consider it in the updates, just a "late-added" feature.

SOME Examples:

-Editing the navigation/order of "apps", or disabling apps.

-Adjustable to silent alarm sensitivity, patterns, and vibration duration.

-Ability to see seconds on various watch faces.

-Ability to choose a default metric to show on faces instead of 1) not being able to see the desired metric on your selected face at all, or 2) having to tap to scroll through metrics.

-Ability to to turn off Tap to Wake (not quick view) to prevent disturbances while sleeping.

-Ability to get "goal complete" notifications for more than one goal.

-Larger screen brightness range, specifically on the lower end.

There were many improvements I and others wanted to see since the start. I wrote my review of the device in March 2016 (release month). I listed out quite a lot of improvements that could have been made, but the total amount of things on the list that were actually done? 4: More faces, reminders to move, setting alarms on device, and additional notification sources.

I can only hope some of these are available on the Ionic...maybe with the ability for devs to create apps we'll have more of this, depending on the limitations.

Edit: A Blaze 2? Wow...I just don't know what to say about that. Unless it's a big redesign, they might as well just have firmware updates.

Best Answer

Thanks so much for your response, Digitenor. I was kinda confused why I was told to post here, too, but the tech support person said that the sales people looked at the threads. It did strike me as a way to get rid of me.

As for the charge, yup, past warranty and apparently dead as a doornail. Thanks again for you your time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much, Carol-B; as I wrote to Digitenor, it did strike me that they might be trying to get ride of me. I think that I will try the plan you laid out -- thanks so much for your time!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@moosecat wrote:

I would not call that "a ton" of updates. They gave more fluff and neglected user-selectable options and complaints. Reminders to move was advertised from the start, so I don't really consider it in the updates, just a "late-added" feature.

SOME Examples:

-Editing the navigation/order of "apps", or disabling apps.

-Adjustable to silent alarm sensitivity, patterns, and vibration duration.

-Ability to see seconds on various watch faces.

-Ability to choose a default metric to show on faces instead of 1) not being able to see the desired metric on your selected face at all, or 2) having to tap to scroll through metrics.

-Ability to to turn off Tap to Wake (not quick view) to prevent disturbances while sleeping.

-Ability to get "goal complete" notifications for more than one goal.

-Larger screen brightness range, specifically on the lower end.

There were many improvements I and others wanted to see since the start. I wrote my review of the device in March 2016 (release month). I listed out quite a lot of improvements that could have been made, but the total amount of things on the list that were actually done? 4: More faces, reminders to move, setting alarms on device, and additional notification sources.

I can only hope some of these are available on the Ionic...maybe with the ability for devs to create apps we'll have more of this, depending on the limitations.

Edit: A Blaze 2? Wow...I just don't know what to say about that. Unless it's a big redesign, they might as well just have firmware updates.

It was way more updates then I got on my Polar A360, Huawei Watch, and the Garmin Vivofit.  I had all three of those for extended periods in hopes of replacing my fitbit.... Only to find the fitbit device and app far better.  I did like a lot about the Polar app, but the device was boring, minimal features.

They did add a second hand on many watch faces, along with lots of 9thwr updates. 

NEWS FLASH...... Fitbit does not do every single update that every person wants. They did a forum request and did many updates based on votes there.  No product will give every person everything they want. 

Best Answer

NEWS FLASH...... People are allowed to have different opinions on here. And just because some other companies don't update often doesn't mean people here can't request or want Fitbit to do things differently.

Especially when Fitbit tells users to suggest and vote for new features, it's reasonable to believe that they may actually implement the popular ones. 

Some simple features have been repeated requested and voted for and when they don't add them it's not unreasonable for users to feel frustrated or disappointed or voice their concerns or opinions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Of course people can have opinions and complain on here.... But to say fitbit did not do updating is just inaccurate and misleading.  Yes, some requests seem simple, but because 100 people on a forum want something does not mean it will or should happen.  Fitbit is the best out there in regards to listening to forums. 

Whining that you did not get every single update you wanted does not mean that they are unacceptable in providing updates to users.  I am speaking from having owned 4 trackers, along with the Flex, Charge HR, and Blaze. 

His exact issue was "the lack of Basic updates".  And caps was his/her use, not mine there...... Sorry, but "basic updates" were absolutely done, multiple times. 

Best Answer

@moosecat wrote:

That said there are discounts from other smart device suppliers. It's called a trade-in.

Name a single fitness band/watch supplier who offers "trade ins"  not smartphone.... But actual fitness trackers. Please name just one real one. 

Best Answer