Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount on Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It  would be nice if FitBit would offer (hopefully retroactively) some discount on the Iconic for long-time FitBit users. Also for pre-orders. Please?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Even if you offer a discount for a short time and for 15% plus free shipping you can get word of mouth to spread like wild fire and sell even more. At least 10 of my friends have bought a fitbit after seeing mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found the Iconic on eBay for $249, brand new, sealed in the box. Now I am reluctant to pay full price. I am a long time FitBit user but gave it up for the Apple Watch. Now I'm wanting to come back but this is discouraging. I was planning to purchase two of them...

Betsy Alles

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cyclepathwi,

Be very careful about ordering stuff from ebay.  Since it's not an authorized retailer, if you should ever have any problems with your tracker, it won't be covered by warranty.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Yes - you can apply different policies but if you want to promote the product - and want users to upgrade, why would you not give a discount or a trade in program. After all the long time users are the ones who ultimately promote your products. I for one will only buy this (and I am interested) when I get a decent discount on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I 100% agree. I was truly disappointed when I saw they were giving no discount on the Ionic

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

waited to see if there would be any discount on the iconic. so disappointed. my boyfriend and i have been fitbit customers for 3 years now and I wanted to gift him an upgrade 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plus one for offering a discount on the overpriced Ionic for those with defective devices like the HR Charge looking for a suitable replacement that can handle water.  I suspect I will get the typical, it's fairly priced response, but as tech support suggested the Forum might be my best hope for sharing my concern with others and it it adds to the concerns others have raised.  I see little value in sharing with other users but I am guessing the company might care if enough loyal followers share why they are not putting out the money the company had hoped for before the holidays.  The stock was downgraded once again because this tracker is not getting the traction for the price point.  The ionic is discounted online, and now retailers ,so perhaps it will be reasonably priced in 2018?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this same problem. There is no reason why they couldn't just apply a credit so that we may use it on any Fitbit. Why would I want older technology, especially if it out of stock? I am disappointed in Fitbit!!! I have had one since 2014. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit IONIC suddenly stopped working. It is less than 2 years old and I honestly took good care of it. Not much feedback from fitbit on problem and/or resolution. Conclusion - 25% discount on next purchase. I click on the link for discount which redirects me to their website and end up paying more than what everyone else is paying due to holiday specials. Great discount. Frustrated client pays more with 25% discount than new client. Thanks for nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit IONIC suddenly stopped working. It is less than 2 years old and I honestly took good care of it. Not much feedback from fitbit on problem and/or resolution. Conclusion - 25% discount on next purchase. I click on the link for discount which redirects me to their website and end up paying more than what everyone else is paying due to holiday specials. Great discount. Frustrated client pays more with 25% discount than new client. Thanks for nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes