Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ionic have a speaker? Can I connect to BT headphones?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i am looking in to buying one and wanted to know

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@R2-D2 Ionic does not have a built-in speaker. Connect to wireless headphones and take your favorite tunes anywhere by storing more than 300 songs on-device or downloading your top stations from Pandora.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

does it have to connect to the fitbit flyer or can it conect to any fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@R2-D2 Ionic does not have a built-in speaker. Connect to wireless headphones and take your favorite tunes anywhere by storing more than 300 songs on-device or downloading your top stations from Pandora.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

what type of 

Music station do I need?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit is refferring to the music ststions on Pandora @R2-D2.

If your not familiar with pandora i would check them out. You can search out many of their existing stations then subscribe or create your own.

Best Answer

Just to be clear, can I connect any Bluetooth headset to the ionic or it's only exclusive to Fitbit Flyer?

Ionic with S9plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rhoyz wrote:

Just to be clear, can I connect any Bluetooth headset to the ionic or it's only exclusive to Fitbit Flyer?

Any standard Bluetooth headset, not exclusively Flyer.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow wrote:

Conversely, the Flyer will be a standard Bluetooth headset to use with any device, such as a smartphone, tablet, etc.

Best Answer

thanks!

@JohnnyRow wrote:

@Rhoyz wrote:

Ionic with S9plus
Best Answer

@JohnnyRow wrote:

Does it matter if it’s Bluetooth 3.0 or 4.0 LE?

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:

@JohnnyRow wrote:

Does it matter if it’s Bluetooth 3.0 or 4.0 LE?

Maybe I should not have used word "standard". I am not very knowledgeable on Bluetooth version compatibility issues. But it seems that there is a compatibility jump to BLE 4.0 and above (i.e. my fitbit will not sync with my iPad 2 with Bluetooth pre-BLE), so I would not count on 3.0 headset working but I readily admit I could be totally off on that.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Big difference in NT 3.x and BT 4.x is that Bluetooth 4.x also has the newer Low Energy mode.

A Bluetooth 4.0 server is also compatable with a bluetooth 3.x device.

The Ionic has a bluetooth server to connect to the headphones (client) so i suspect that any headphone will work, as the announcement states.

When the Ionic syncs to the phone, the Ionic is a client connecting to a BT server. 

Best Answer
0 Votes