Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ionic last longer than 10 months

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am (was) a loyal Fitbit customer.  I have bought 8 devises for my household.  I personally have used a Charge, Surge, Aria Scale and 2 Ionics. 

I purchased my first Ionic in November of 2018.  In July of 2019 it stopped taking a Charge.  I was happy to find it was still under Warranty and Fitbit sent me a replacement in August 2019.  10 months later the touch screen stopped working on the new Ionic.  I tried a reboot, but after the reboot, it would no longer turn on. 

I was informed by the help desk that I was no longer under warranty (understandable) but as a replacement, he offered me a 25% discount on a new Fitbit - the exact same offer they are giving to any customer (not acceptable).  I did not expect another replacement but at least a decent offer on a replacement.  A supervisor later followed up and offered me free shipping.   I can walk into any electronic store the week before Father's Day and get this same offer.  Not likely.  Very disappointing.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I have been sing mine since 2017 and its going strong.

How are you charging it?

See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I am on my 3rd Ionic in under 3 years. My first one lasted only about 6 months. The second one a little longer and this third one probably 14/18 months. So you could technically say that it is out of warranty but collectively you could also say the average life of a fitbit ionic is less than 12 months. I have emailed them and, as yet, had no reply. I paid the full £299 when it was first released in september 2017 and for that amount of money I seriously expect a watch to last many years, not months. 

My current one just stopped charging. It ran flat one day and when I connected it to the charger it was dead and has been ever since.

I will certainly be seeking more than a 25% reduction off a new one and free shipping.

Best Answer

Mine lasted 18 months- watch is garbage. Looking to get Garmin or Moto 360

Best Answer
0 Votes

no longer impressed with fitbit products 😕 

This is my 3rd in less than 3 yrs and has stopped working as well.

Fed up having to report ,return for a chappy refurbished one that stops working Again.

About to contact support and not expecting anything positive. 

Best Answer