Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ionic push notifications when phone is in silent mode?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm very unhappy and frustrated. As a happy Fitbit user for years, the new update took out my sole reason for my fitbit Ionic. 😠

I leave my phone on silent almost all the time; at work, at church, everywhere because my Ionic would notify me on all calls or texts. Super solution to my phone going off in a quiet environment. 

Due to the current update, that has been written out. Why would I need a fitbit notification if my phone notifies me by ringing or alerts me that I received a text.

I don't like that fitbit is making decisions for me. I should have the maximum of customization. Unless this changes I'm getting another watch and fitbit is on MY dog list.

Anyone else feeling my groove?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@mschaller Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with the new firmware update. When you turn on the Do Not DisturbQuiet hours, or Driving mode setting on your phone, your Fitbit device receives notifications but won’t alert you. Swipe down from the top of the screen to see your notifications.

To change this if you have an Android phone, do the following: 

1. Tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture > Notifications
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Silvia. This will work for sure, but when my phone is on silent it doesn't vibrate while the call is coming in; only aftet it disconnects. I liked the way it worked the other way and answer a call while it's ringing while in silent mode. Is there a setting for that? In His image for His gloryMark
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mschaller Thanks for getting back. When you receive a call it won't vibrate because your phone is in silent mode. 

If you would like to change this, you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our Support team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes