Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have any feedback about the quality of Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been a user of the Charge Fitbit and have loved the features, unfortunately my last few have broken after about a year with the wrist band breaking and then the sensors went.  I want to get another one and upgrade to either the Ionic or apple series.  I like the Ionic features better and it fits my needs but I am extremely concerned about the quality of watch staying intact.  Does anyone have any feedback?  

Thank you, 

VJ

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

@shipo wrote:

@Crazy-Fritter wrote:

Or you can be an optimist and take a 300 dollar gamble.....

Let others be the beta testers 😉

It's no secret I'm a "Glass is half-full" kind of guy, that and I run upwards of two to three hundred miles per month which includes LOTS of Surge destroying sweat; I'm betting on the Ionic.  🙂

WOW..... that's some amazing mileage for an "old" guy lol. I like your attitude, very uplifting 🙂

I'm also an "old" guy who use to rack up the miles...... nothing close to yours, but enough to be called crazy more than a few times 😉

I'm coming off several years of down time (figuratively and literally) from a very bad back injury, and a major back surgery a little over a year ago..... I'm hoping to be able to do a small amount of running again. My wife picked me up a flex hoping it might give me some encouragement to get back in the swing of things..... and it did. Then I got a Surge.....big mistake 😞

I'm rooting for the Ionic, I'm just frustrated with Fitbit's approach in general. I'm going to watch you beta testers as well, then make my purchase decision 😉

And remember, please take care of your backs...... nothing's more demoralizing than being an active person, then losing it all in the blink of an eye 😞

Best Answer

@Crazy-Fritter wrote:

@shipo wrote:

@Crazy-Fritter wrote:

Or you can be an optimist and take a 300 dollar gamble.....

Let others be the beta testers 😉

It's no secret I'm a "Glass is half-full" kind of guy, that and I run upwards of two to three hundred miles per month which includes LOTS of Surge destroying sweat; I'm betting on the Ionic.  🙂

WOW..... that's some amazing mileage for an "old" guy lol. I like your attitude, very uplifting 🙂

I'm also an "old" guy who use to rack up the miles...... nothing close to yours, but enough to be called crazy more than a few times 😉

I'm coming off several years of down time (figuratively and literally) from a very bad back injury, and a major back surgery a little over a year ago..... I'm hoping to be able to do a small amount of running again. My wife picked me up a flex hoping it might give me some encouragement to get back in the swing of things..... and it did. Then I got a Surge.....big mistake 😞

I'm rooting for the Ionic, I'm just frustrated with Fitbit's approach in general. I'm going to watch you beta testers as well, then make my purchase decision 😉

And remember, please take care of your backs...... nothing's more demoralizing than being an active person, then losing it all in the blink of an eye 😞

Have you thought about swimming? It's much easier on your joints and can be challenging in a slightly different way. I will say, even though I presently struggle with running, all the swimming I do has helped. I don't struggle with cardio fitness as much as I struggle with technique and soreness due to using the muscles in a slightly different way. I'll just say stretching and foam rolling are awesome. Just a thought on incorporating swimming into your workout routine. This book is out there, but it's had a positive impact on me and it's something you might want to take a look at:https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Over-Back-Pain-Radically-ebook/dp/B0743H5JF7/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506...

I hope you get better soon. 

Best Answer

@datalore, the problem with swimming for lots of folks, myself included, are the shoulders.  Back in 1990 I was a half mile into an Olympic distance triathlon (1500 meter swim) when my right shoulder dislocated.  I have since encountered numerous folks who've developed "swimmer's shoulder".  Shoulders can be rehabbed, but it is a slow and fairly painful process.

Best Answer

@Bunnybear_05 wrote:

I have not had any real quality issues with the Blaze. I got the pink band one and it got dirty quickly...so they sent me out a new frame and slim pink band. Other then that, all has been well. I gave it to my mom and she's been fine 👍🏻

The only issue I've had with the Blaze would be the drop-outs when doing things with connected GPS due to an unstable Bluetooth connection, which is in part why I'm upgrading to the Ionic, as Ionic has built-in GPS but also all of the old clockfaces from the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shipo wrote:

@datalore, the problem with swimming for lots of folks, myself included, are the shoulders.  Back in 1990 I was a half mile into an Olympic distance triathlon (1500 meter swim) when my right shoulder dislocated.  I have since encountered numerous folks who've developed "swimmer's shoulder".  Shoulders can be rehabbed, but it is a slow and fairly painful process.

Ouch, that brought back memories, and not good ones. My coach worked with me for months on how to use technique to avoid shoulder injuries. I even did dry land drills every night before I went to bed and the technique was almost to the point of being muscle memory. You'll relate to this as a coach; first time I get in the pool after injury rehab I got into a race with some blowhards, and you guessed it re injured my shoulder. In the words of my dad: a hard head makes for a soft behind. Smiley LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Within 12 hours of purchasing a new Ionic, I fell going for a run. While the display was barely affected, my fall caused a slight separation between the screen and metal body of the Ionic. Presumably, this makes it no longer water proof, which is frustrating because I am an avid swimmer.

Upon contacting customer support, they quickly shoved the 1 year warranty in my face stating that accidentals aren’t covered. I wasn’t fishing for a new replacement, I just wanted some way to fix the issue so I can swim. I was willing to even pay a repair cost.

Fitbit offered me no solution. Instead, they told me I would have to buy another Ionic, and that they could give me a 25% discount...bringing the total cost to $225 dollars. This is just unacceptable that Fitbit doesn’t have a repair team for issue like this. Falling on a run is out of much control, it happens. Sure, I should be liable to pay to fix my Ionic. But $225 for a completely new one? This is ridiculous.

I hope my complaint is is helpful to anyone considering purchasing a Fitbit product. You need to know that any accident that occur during your workout are going to cost you a lot of money, and Fitbit isn’t going to fix it.

Ruined my weekend!

Best Answer

My ionic quite working after about a month and they sent me a new one.  Now the watch connect to the strap is broken on one side and I am trying to see if they can help me with that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic died and won't restart again. Batter life was 52%.

I phoned support and they said sorry out of warranty, buy a new one.. 

Ionic only 22 months old.. I lost faith in the product and service from Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes