Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does your Ionics GPS cause your music to dropout / skipping / pausing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having a lot of issues with my Ionic with the music dropping in and out while running. Its not all the time which makes it frustrating but seems to be getting worse. I tested the watch on 2 sets of Bluetooth headsets and the problem was their with both my Plantronics back beat Go2 and backbeat fit. On 2 separate occasions the music was dropping out on every backswing of my arm which made me think it was a sensor interfering with blue Bluetooth and also because if I held the watch/arm up flat/horizontal the music had good connection. But in saying this, I could go for a 20min run and it would play up on the first 10min and be fine for the next 10min. The drop outs can vary, be every 1 or 2 seconds to 1 or 2 every 30sec.

Today I finally went for a run with the GPS turned off (and at a time it was playing up) and the problem was gone! BUT this will need to be tested on a few more runs to confirm its the issue. I also just noticed my watch battery is at 30% and do wonder if that interferes with the Bluetooth strength as well.

Any Help and Feedback would be greatly appreciated 

Glenn

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67
I had the same problem until I started wearing my Fitbit on my right arm
when using GPS and the Bluetooth music. Im not sure why but I'm guessing
the Bluetooth receivers power is reduced when GPS is turned on and the
right side of my Bluetooth headphones has the receiver in it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I will try this.  I was only running with one ear bud, so will also try using the other and then both.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just experienced this today for the first time, went searching for solutions and found this thread.  I will try the ionic on my right wrist and let you know.  My earbuds are the Bose QuietComfort 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I found a solve that I have been meaning to post about. I don’t if this
will work in every instance, but this is what I did.

I noticed the skipping happened only when I ran. Not when I biked. So that
got me thinking was my body ‘blocking’ the signal when I ran. The Bluetooth
setting on my headset was in my right ear and I wore the watch on my left
hand. My hand move back and ‘blocked’ the signal. Skipping. So when I ran
I moved the watch to my right hand. The skipping stopped!

Give it a try it might work for you too. Saved me from throwing my watch
away.

Matt
--
Matt
Best Answer

Hi there,

Look not sure if this is the reason,  but I have heard that you have to make sure your bluetooth connection with your phone and your earbuds is turned off,  especially if you leave your phone at home.   

My whole reason for buying the ionic was for this reason as I hate taking my phone on a run.  

Anywayz give that go,  I have to admit that the first time I did it worked fine but now and then it still happens.

Cheers

Chris

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Have had an Apple Watch for 18 months now. I like it so much more. Especially since I have an iPhone. NO issues at ALL with it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I realize everyone has been hitting this thread hard and have found their own solutions.  For me, switching wrists did the trick.  Haven't had a dropout since.

Best Answer
0 Votes