Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-tap to turn on screen doesn’t work

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic wakes when I raise my wrist and turn the watch toward me and also when I press one of the buttons. It does not wake as it is supposed to when I double-tap the screen. I’ve reset the watch twice and have the most current firmware. Why does a double-tap to turn on the screen not work?

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

just tap ones softly, it works with mines

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jorkal wrote:

just tap ones softly, it works with mines

this seems to work for me if the screen just turned off, but after a while I need to double tap and it works once in five / I have to double tap pretty hard

Best Answer

Works for me too, maybe you have a defective one ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved this by turning notifications by night from off to on.

best, dikke

Best Answer

Same here.

Doublettap works sometimes then not at all. Even with night notifications on . Raising/ rotation of my wrist sometimes doesn't work either as intended. Sometimes it works, then it doesnt

-----------------------------Sent from the back of Michael Caine's Mini Cooper S, Italy. Holding on for dear life...
Best Answer

Same here. There is no pattern that i can find why it sometimes does work with movement and tap, and sometimes it does.

Best Answer

When it works it's great. When it doesn't I've got to tap it so hard to wake it up, failing that I have to use a button.

-----------------------------Sent from the back of Michael Caine's Mini Cooper S, Italy. Holding on for dear life...
Best Answer
0 Votes

To me it works fine after the screen just went off, for a few seconds I can just tap to turn it back on. But if it has been off for a while I need to double tap quite hard, similarly to what I used to do with the Fitbit charge.

So maybe after the screen goes completely off, it's still based on motion sensors rather than the touch screen?

Could someone from Fitbit please answer this? Thanks

Best Answer

Same issue here, it works great when it just turned off but if I wait a bit longer it only wakes up after tapping a few times (and hard).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shouldn't this thing work 100% of the time??? Having a hard time getting the screen to turn on when turning my wrist towards me

Best Answer

I find out that two taps on the top of the watch works better. So it use a sensor, not the screen.31687E48-B67C-4216-A568-81223E5BE482.jpeg

Best Answer

Or even 'tap the strap'!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this a software/ firmware issue or a hardware issue?

It is ongoing small issue but a big annoyance.

Best Answer

I turn the wrist upside down and it work well every time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same as everybody else but I worked out how to do it every time after reading this thread .. so thanks.

Tap harder!

If you are worried about the screen tap the edges or the strap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems my tilt to wake the screen is not working most of the time, neither is tap to wake the screen which is unresponsive and needs a really forcefull poke to wake it up.

I have attached a link to a you tube video to show you what I mean.

Watch it to the end where I have to really tap it, it wakes then won't respond again to tilting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjyKyQua8I

Best Answer

@ijob007 wrote:

It seems my tilt to wake the screen is not working most of the time, neither is tap to wake the screen which is unresponsive and needs a really forcefull poke to wake it up.

I have attached a link to a you tube video to show you what I mean.

Watch it to the end where I have to really tap it, it wakes then won't respond again to tilting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjyKyQua8I

Put your arm flat down by your side towards your leg. Now look at your watch, just bring it up as you would normally do to look at the clock face. Just twisting my wrist does not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No that's stopped working too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jorkal wrote:

I find out that two taps on the top of the watch works better. So it use a sensor, not the screen.31687E48-B67C-4216-A568-81223E5BE482.jpeg

For me this seems to be it.  Thank you - this was driving me mad.

I still think Fitibit needs to dramatically pull up its socks here, and in particular I think we need the "Wrist Flick" like Pebble had - but at least knowing this the device is accessible more than 2 out of 3 times when I expect it to be..

Best Answer