Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading music to the Ionic

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I download music to my Ionic?  Does it store the music on the Ionic or does it pair with another device - phone or ipod?  Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit have a quite detailed guide to downloading and using music on your fitbit at: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2251/

Beware! It's a bit messy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Fitbit have a quite detailed guide to downloading and using music on your fitbit at: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2251/

Beware! It's a bit messy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Steve, I managed to add a playlist to my Ionic from my iTunes following the user guide, no hassles. My question is if I add new tracks to my playlist on iTunes how do I transfer these new tracks over to my Ionic? Will syncing update my music Music? Thxs, Rosemary

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner sorry, but I don't know (I've never downloaded music myself). Hopefully someone else will post an answer for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there,

I'm using Ionic right now and trying to figure out how to upload some mp3s. It seems using mobile app on Android is of no use, because whenever I go to Media/Personal Music, it says to "use Fitbit software on your computer". Fitbit Connect is no help, either. There are two download options for Mac, one is described as 'Mac', and the other is described as 'Mac 10.5'. However, the later one supports only two Fitbit devices, neither of them is Ionic. So I've installed the first Mac app. While the fitbit.com have no problem with my credentials to log in (i.e. my e-mail address and password), interestingly Fitbit Connect cannot handle them. To make things even more interesting, the only part of Fitbit Connect app that have no problem with my e-mail and password is 'Set Up a New Fitbit Device'. However, there is no Ionic device available to choose. 'Sync Now' and 'Manage My Music' won't accept my account credentials and won't allow me to go further. Basically, I've run out of options of sending mp3s to Ionic. Is there anything reasonable I haven't tried yet? (I'm not taking into account buying other smartband/smartwatch.) Unfortunately, support isn't helpful, as the only options to contact the company I've found on the site is through Twitter (I'm not a Twitter user, so it's useless to me) and through chat I'm lost hope is working.

Any help would be highly apreciated.

BTW, do you think that difficulties mentioned above are enough to claim for refund, as device doesn't do what is expected and advetized?

Thanks,

Dawid

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, it's good to see you all. @SteveH thanks for the support.

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes