Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Oxygen Variability is live :D

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just review todays sleep stats, and was surprised by this:

signal-attachment-2019-12-17-061002.png

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
261 REPLIES 261

Hi Matt. Still not showing the graph😢

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

I think you're completely missing the comments in this thread Matt. People are not happy and being patience with this dumb slow rollout. If you want feedback then actually let people sign up to get it activated instead of just randomly selecting people and hoping they provide feedback. The fact that articles are being written that this is active and live for people is just showing that Fitbit needs to publically address this instead of forcing people to search to find out why theirs isn't working.

Best Answer

You appreciate our patience?! Lol. We're not being patient, we have no choice. You are choosing to deny this feature to an unknown percentage of your customers with no real communication or firm date on when the feature will be rolled out for everyone.

It's been over a month since the first users got it and now it's being widely reported in the media as being available when for many of us it's not.

If it's a beta feature then users should be able to sign up to beta test and choose to be included

Best Answer
@MattFitbit, thanks for the update re the disappearing graph. Unfortunately mine has disappeared again as of this morning.

Kind Regards,
Jasmyne
Best Answer

I'm actually really kind of irritated here.  I specifically bought the Fitbit Ionic because of all of the articles and news stories saying that this feature was live for all users.  I spent several hundreds dollar for a product who's only upside was this feature; I had intended to buy a friend's galaxy smart watch for much less than the ionic cost.  So to see that the feature is not only unavailable, but any attempt to get feedback from Fitbit about the rollout is completely stonewalled, is kind of bothersome to say the least.

Best Answer

I am still waiting to see oxygen levels . I have restarted my app and made sure it was up to date . 

How long should I wait before calling for support . 

I do not need the email , saw and read that . 

No not under sleep , no not a premium subscriber , yes I have a charge 3 ( got at Christmas 2019 ) 

All info , just needs some idea of what's going on .

Best Answer
Subject: Blood Oxygen
I'v tried many times to access this function, but have had no success. I did finally find the instruction how to access it...It goes like this....
"On the tab in the Fitbit app, tap the sleep tile, then tap a sleep log and swipe to find your estimated oxygen variation graph". 
I've tried this several times but still unable to access the function. The illustration charts are interesting and although estimated, an interesting element of your health issues. Just maybe I haven't yet received the update? 
Best Answer

I'm on 70.7.14 and 3.13 (919) on my iPhone Xs.

I even enabled Premium for the 7-day trial, I am not seeing Blood Oxygen in any of the charts.

Greg

Best Answer
According to the article you don't have to be a "premium" user, but says "tap a sleep log (Fitbit Premium users, tap a sleep log>Restoration) and swipe to find your estimated oxygen variation graph".
Best Answer

Hi GoSo,

I agree you don't need to be Premium. I just wanted to rule that out.

Premium or not, with the correct Firmware and OS releases, Blood Oxygen is not an option on the Ionic.

Greg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think we just have to wait

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@GoSo @gseale Fitbit has things so screwed up, it's hard to know what is up and what is down. Go to the product pages, and you will see the SPO2 sensor listed for the Versa, but NOT for the Ionic. If you download the latest Versa user manual, the specs section does NOT include the SPO2 sensor along with the other sensors listed. Also, if Fitbit updated the firmware to include support for the SPO2 sensor, why in the world have they not updated the user manuals to reflect this new function? I noticed that the description of starting an exercise does not reflect the new interface, either. What a slipshod operation! And, the ZDNet article that @gseale pointed us to states that the O2 firmware support is being added to the Ionic, as well as other watches. It's hard to know what to believe.

Apparently someone did report finding the O2 graph in their sleep report, so it must be there. Was that with the Ionic or some other model?

Best Answer

@EdwardsWM They are doing a staged server side rollout. So the only way you know if you have it and working, is if you see the graph when you view your sleep data. Fitbit isn't telling people who specifically has it or when everyone will have it. Just that they are testing it with some so you might see it and you might not. They haven't even made any kind of public statement to address the articles and the only way you really find any kind of info is to get lucky finding this thread or other similar ones searching. They have really screwed the pooch with this whole sp02 thing since the first watch with it came out. No updates or communication regarding it, yet using it as a selling point. Now they keep replying in this thread with we appreciate everyones patience yet failing to realize people are pissed and tired of being told to wait, especially after the information that it is working for some people currently and we have been waiting for over a year or so now.

Best Answer

I have an Ionic and it does give me sp02.

Best Answer

@killer2239  Thanks very much for that info. A staged rollout makes sense. I think Fitbit theoretically did that with 70.7.14, but I can't see how, given the number and severity of problems. I agree with what you were alluding to, that is the lack of any of communication concerning the information you conveyed in your reply to me. They could easily have a status page that captured useful information like this. Not doing this is creating confusion and very unhappy customers. That's a shame, because it would be so easy to avoid, and it would probably dramatically decrease the volume of forum posts.

Their formal documentation is a sore point, too. When I bought my Ionic, I did so even though an SPO2 sensor was not included, according to their own sales and spec documentation. Pretty lame! I'm happy that the Ionic does indeed have one, and I look forward to the firmware support being pushed down to my watch. That is, I think so, but I'm apprehensive about any more updates!

Regards,

Will

Best Answer

I think that a major problem is that they've gone to press staying it'll be available "to all devices in January", but have told us it'll be "someone in 2020".  A few people on here have bought their devices on the strength of the press releases only to be very disappointed.

Best Answer

Here is another interesting link from Fitbit's Sleep Scientist

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, how can I tell if I've got it, is it in my Sleep data? Do I have to go to another link somewhere for it? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HimnzLike you I'm not sure... Because I have Premium it will be in my "Deep and Rem" section of the Sleep log.  I just keep looking...

@Himnz wrote:

Hi, how can I tell if I've got it, is it in my Sleep data? Do I have to go to another link somewhere for it? Thanks in advance.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdwardsWM My post that made reference to the SPO2 on another site was removed, as it violated some policy 😞

@GoSo Then you're all set. You just need to wait until the option is actually available, as it is NOT.

Best Answer
0 Votes