Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about the Fitbit Ionic.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone. I’ve concluded that fitbit is pretty much expensive junk. Had a Blaze. It broke after a few months. But bb then the ionic was out and i wanted a waterproof watch. Well, the ionic broke right after the warranty period ended, so fitbit offered a discount on a new watch. But I bought the extended warranty through Amazon, so it was fixed—though that process took 3 weeks. Then it broke again 2 months later. So I’ll send it back again on the extended warranty. But fitbit makes me laugh once again offering a 40% discount on a new watch. Not buying any more junky products from them! 40% discount on a watch that will probably break a year later? why bother?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @jason43.00 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I have moved your post form the iOS board to the Ionic board as this situation is not related to the Fitbit app. 

We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and I appreciate you have shared your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this issue has caused you, please remember that we do not expect manufacturing issues to to affect our devices but in order to anticipate that, every Fitbit device comes with a limited product warranty. In case you have inquiries or doubts about what it covers, you can check it on this article: Return Policy & Warranty.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
The warranty you mention seems to signal that you expect a $250 watch to need replacing every year or two. Must be why ionic has only a 3.4 star rating on Amazon.

But here’s my favorite part of my call with the fitbit support yesterday: the watch wasn’t syncing with the app, so the support tech recommended a factory reset. That is what bricked the watch completely. Before the reset, i could at lest tell time with it. Now it’s just dead altogether.

Does that seem like behavior one would expect from your top of the line product?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jason43.00 it looks like customer support indirectly broke your device 😄

Best Answer

Yeah. That's what it feels like, anyway!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jason43.00 thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. It's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@jason43.00 I appreciate you have come back and let us know you've already contacted our Support Team. If you need further assistance, my best recommendation is to reply to our Support Team as they will be able to provide you more options as they will be handling your case from now on. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes