Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware is updated but app asks me to update-Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

The fitbit app asks me to update the firmware of my IONIC, but I have already updated to the latest version 27.72.1.15 . Also, it may be by chance, but the heart rate meter has stopped working.

Regards

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @McMenu.

Thank you for the information provided.

In this case, I would recommend restarting your Fitbit Ionic by following these steps. You can turn heart rate off and back on. For instructions on how to navigate your Watch, please visit this article.

If you still see the firmware update message, please set up your Watch as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab EdsonFitbit_0-1638393981920.png, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I think the IONIC is broken, I’ve tried everything you said and everything stays the same.

About the Firmware, I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you mean by "please set up your Watch as a replacement device", on the fitbit website?, I have the latest version installed, 27.72.1.15. I do the whole process of loading the IONIC but when I return to the app it keeps telling me that there is a firmware update. I have also restored the factory values and have updated it again but I still get the warning in the app.

About the heart rate monitor, I believe that if the IONIC has not been broken, it must be related to the firmware problem.

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, @McMenu.

The instructions shared above to set up your Watch as a replacement device help to restart the connection between your Ionic and your Fitbit account. The steps can be followed from your phone.

If you followed our instructions shared above without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes