Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Icon HR communicating with Wahoo Element Bolt

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Fitbit Icon HR emit a ant+ or Bluetooth signal that can be picked by a Wahoo Element Bolt Cycling Computer?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

no, Fitbit doesn't broadcast HR data to any 3rd party, including cycling computers. And you can't pair common sensors such as chest strap, cadence sensor, power meter, etc.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

no, Fitbit doesn't broadcast HR data to any 3rd party, including cycling computers. And you can't pair common sensors such as chest strap, cadence sensor, power meter, etc.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Why not. I'm an athlete who would like to shed my chest strap HRM during workouts. Not being compatible with my Wahoo Elemnt makes the Fitbit my wife gave me for my birthday have a LOT less utility. It's Bluetooth  so it should work. Why not? 

Best Answer

@Lewis_Moon  because these are competitors devices. That's how Fitbit works. I actually prefer the chest strap and I'd like Fitbit to be able to pair with such devices but it doesn't do it ( HR readings, at least for me, coming from Ionic are very inaccurate compared with chest strap ). Fitbit devices are not really for athletes. I see them mostly as the devices helping people to lose weight and get into shape.

Best Answer
Yeah, I understand... It's just that it was a birthday gift from my sweet wife. I can't even fit a Road ID on it properly. It's not really a good watch, either.
Just a little extra coding might make this thing at least semi useful.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

I totally agree.   The argument about being competitors doesn’t really work, it would actually increase usefulness of the watch, and so increase sales.   Really frustrating, I’ve found requests for this type of connectivity going back to 2014, and no coherent response from Fitbit.  

Best Answer