Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Iconic - Day 1 - Fitbit took back 4000 steps after hitting 10K

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

It is the very first day of using my Fitbit Iconic, and I encountered a very frustrating problem. 

After hitting 10K steps (I received an email notification and a separate notification on Fitbit as well), suddenly my step count went down by 4000 for no reason. 

Any suggestions? Should I return it? 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Mexteorax, it may not need the full 2 hours. I was leaving mine to charge overnight but only bc that was convenient for me; I didn't know how long it was taking. When I've put mine on the charger for even half an hour it gets about 1/2 charged. I had read it takes 2 hours but I've never timed it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My first ionic before it died lasted about three days before needing to recharge. The new replacement is so far lasting 5 days and change.  It will charge in about 2 hours but if like me you charge it overnight you won't do any harm as modern batteries have cut off that prevent them from overcharging, so even if you leave it on charge overnight you won't reduce the life of the battery. If you leave it on charge for 6 months without using it, then, yes it might have some issues 😉

I hope your step count is getting back on track and that they aren't mysteriously adding or subtracting anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i agree the fitbit one is much more accurate than the wrist trackers but my complaint is the ionic changes steps after syncing for example i had 1027 steps on my ionic and i went to sync the tracker and the dashboard went to 140 steps this is a new issue in addition to the sync issues 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for all the time you've taken to share the experiences you've had with the Ionic @mexteorax, @SunsetRunner, @nitenurse@indianwin2001@New_Jen. I can see several things mentioned in this thread, I will try to provided a general response to cover as much as possible.

The main topic of discussion is what you originally mentioned @mexteorax, I can see other users have also mentioned they lost several steps when they synced their data to their accounts. It could certainly be related to syncing issues, but besides the standard troubleshooting to resolve syncing issues, I would also recommend that you update the Ionic to the latest firmware version (there was a release a few days ago), as well as the Fitbit app, if you haven't done so already. It's good to know that you already contacted the Support team as well. Have you seen this happen again after performing the restart

I can see you also mentioned the battery was draining a bit fast; remember that it usually takes around two hours to get fully Charged. A full battery charge would last up to 5 days. Battery life and charge cycles vary with use and other factors (ex: tracking swimming drains the battery a lot faster that other activities). Here you can check other useful tips to improve the device's battery life. 

@nitenurse, the problem you mentioned with steps not syncing to your challenges, just remember that at this time, only steps from your Fitbit device or MobileTrack count towards a challenge. That means manually logged activities and activities tracked through any third-party apps aren't included in your challenge total. I can see you mentioned that you contacted Support about this, have you received a reply? In the meantime, I do recommend that you perform the firmware and Fitbit app updates, as mentioned above in this post. 

Thanks for your input @New_Jen, it could be related to a syncing issue as you mentioned, but thanks for sharing that you've not been seeing this recently, it's good to know it was resolved for you. 

Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit  my fitbit ionic doesnt sync to challeges correctly, its always a random number of steps. For example one day last week i had 11k steps and 747 synced to the challenge. I do not use mobile track nor have i manually added steps.  I have done all the updates, restarted my  ionic and i even did a factory reset. I did all those things before i contacted fitbit support. the only answer you can get from @fitbit support is we are aware of the problem and we are working on it , no time frame so it could be a week a month a year who knows. Fitbit isnt working on it because its been an onging problem with other tracker they just give some BS answer . Fit bit support did say the problem was I had my fitbit one on my account so just to prove them wrong I removed the fitbit one from my account and guess what , my ionic still doesnt sync correctly to  challenges 

Best Answer

so i spoke with fitbit support again today and they said its nothing they can do or will do to solve the sync issues. I must wait an indefinite period of time and it may or may not be fixed, so basically its just too bad mine isnt working properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nitenurse I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experience on this thread regarding this situation with the challenges. 

Have you updated your Ionic to it's latest OS version? (version 27.31.1.29)

This version started to roll out on February 12. Have you received any updates since that date? 

Note that this is progressive roll out and it will be available for all Ionic users within a few weeks. So, if you haven't received yours, don't worry as it should be available for you soon. Please updates as soon as you get it.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR yes i updated my ionic a few hours ago and no suprise its still NOT syncing correctly to the challenges. and zero support or resolution from fitbit support . However  I was successful today in preventing 2 people from buying an ionic at the local electronics store after showing them mine, the challenge discrepencies  and the emails they opted not to purchase , i cant get a resolution so at least i saved 2 other people from this problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I two have had steps vanish, it even happened while on the phone with a support supervisor, though no where near as many as you.

I was told this is a known problem with other Fitbit trackers but not the Ionic and at one point was told they fixed it with firmware for the other tracks and then was told this is a hardware issue with the pedometer sensor (even though there is no such thing, it is an accelerometer that is used to track steps) and I needed to send it in and once received Fitbit would send me a replacement or exchange it at my retail store.  (Keep in mind this is on my second full day having my Ionic).  This is also after I was told to walk counting out 100 steps and then see what was recorded and it was 91, and I was told Fitbit strives for 95% or better (though out of the three Surges I have owned in the past none of them would haven't broken 90% on that test).  And even after being told this is a hardware problem and I need to replace it I was then subjected to a factory reset (not a short process as the device for some reason needed to install the firmware again).  After which I tried several walks while on the phone and every one was very short on steps. After I agreed to exchange it with the store rather than losing it for weeks I ended the call.  I then tried the 100 step test again and this time only 87 were recorded, so it had actually gotten worse not better. 

I have only seen the steps disappear a couple times but then this is only my fourth day using it (Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday). and plan to try the exchange in the next couple days assuming I can get home from work early enough to bring the unit and accessories back to the store.  Ill let you know if the replacement one doesn't experience the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes