Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Iconic shows a battery sign enclosing 0%

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Iconic which is 10 months old has just stopped working, it shows a battery sign with an enclosed 0%

I have tried all suggestions on the forum and it will just not re-start. I have charged it for long periods but there appears no way to gain access to the watch settings to do such things as factory reset etc.

Please can anyone assist

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @wamcol, good to see you in the community.

You could try the hardware (button press) factory reset.

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This will trigger the 2-button hardware restart after about eight seconds.

- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, whilst continuing to hold the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.

- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.

- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried your suggestions but none of them work. The only thing that appears is a battery outline in white with "0%" inside the outline.
I have tried to charge the phone on both the charger that was purchased with it as well as from my PC - Laptop. In fact, the watch seems to be getting warm when I charge it.
Please advise as to what you suggest I do next.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wamcol  contact customer support. 10 months is still within the warranty period.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks,I realize that it is still within the warranty period but I think that they want to try all of the normal actions that may fix the problem first. Additionally, I am in East London South Africa and from here, it is not clear as to where I send the Iconic or what process I must follow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wamcol that should be the concert of the customer support how to handle your case best way, not yours 😉 Just contact them ( email, online chat ) and state your case. You may also ask the moderator here to open a case for you so they will contact you first. True, they will go through whole troubleshooting regardless even if you tried it before and it makes no sense. I believe if you need to send Ionic back somewhere they should provide you with details.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit collected my Iconic and I have just received a new replacement.

No cost and no freight charges, they were helpful and efficient.

Thanks to the community for the assistance. The new Iconic works well. Hope that it lasts a while and that the issues with the older ones have been sorted out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wamcol  That's great news and that's how Fitbit have responded to my Ionic replacements.

Rather than dampen the party,  I'm in a similar position as you, the warranty is approaching the end and my last replacement only covers the .remaining time period of the original first warranty.

I would make sure you keep an eye on the new Ionic's performance and report any deficiency immediately within the warranty period.

Here is the portion in their warranty statement that spells that out, and no different than probably anything we purchase under warranty, unless you purchased an extended warranty.

"Any replacement Product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period of time that may be required by applicable law".

@wamcol wrote:

Fitbit collected my Iconic and I have just received a new replacement.

No cost and no freight charges, they were helpful and efficient.

Thanks to the community for the assistance. The new Iconic works well. Hope that it lasts a while and that the issues with the older ones have been sorted out.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes