Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Dead - Won't Power On

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having used a surge for less than a year, I switched to the more versatile (and expensive) Ionic. Less than two months later, it won't switch on: the screen is dead. After having gone through multiple forums, this seems to be a common occurrence. I'd have filed for a refund if this was less than 45 days old. Fitbit is losing a faithful customer today.

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

It worked!  Thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just died too this morning, because it’s been two months after one year they told me they can’t do anything about it and i just have to throw it away, they didn’t even offer me a courtesy discount even though this is my fourth tracker/watch with fitbit but I guess they really don’t care about their costumers.

It’s so sad to have a bad ending with fitbit, the company that I highly recommended to my friends and colleagues and they too join the community.. 

I would gladly buy a versa 2 if they just showed me that they care, but apparently they don’t, only thing they said is “sorry we can’t help you, want anything else?” 

Best Answer

Yes, same here.  I went back to my Charge 2 because I had gone through 4 Charge 3s that died.  I started looking at the Ionic which is why I am on this topic.  And it looks like Fitbit does not stand behind their product.  So, when the Charge 2 dies, I will be going with another brand altogether.  There are a lot of people on these forums with similar stories.

Best Answer
I bought a Garmin Instinct Tactical, couldn't be happier
Best Answer

They did you a favour by not offering a discount.  Go with another company or you will be back here in a little over a year.  I purchased a garmin and so far it is as good or better than the fit bit.

Best Answer

Great plan in my opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Smart 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try rebooting it? You have to press the left button and top right
button at the same time. Hold it for a few seconds. Mine was fine after
that. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I now have a Samsung galaxy watch and it's awesome!!! Sent on the go with Vodafone
Best Answer
0 Votes
HaaHaaa.... Oooooh yeah. LMFAO
Best Answer
0 Votes
COOL. Maybe will try that one after the Garmin if it doesn't last 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

What’s garmin did you buy sir? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
vívoactive® 3
Best Answer
0 Votes
The instinct Tactical
Best Answer
0 Votes
Forerunner 245

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Well, looks like my Ionic joined the crowd of dead devices overnight.  Was charged at 88% yesterday afternoon, this morning won't come on.  Have left it charging, tried the standard and factory resets and have had no response from the device at all.  It got warm while charging but screen remains blank and no vibration.  

Looks like this is a common issue with this device.  Just a couple weeks shy of 2 years.  Sounds like that's longer than some.  This is the 3rd Fitbit I've purchased and Fitbit has lost a customer today, not to mention I'll now be recommending that others look elsewhere for fitness trackers.

Checking out the Garmin devices now.  Have a couple friends that have switched to them but was previously happy with my Ionic.  Now I guess we'll see if Garmin holds up better.  Thanks for the recommendations!

Best Answer
This morning, as I was about to end the exercise, my ionic went dead!. This
is the fourth time it does this. Before this last death, it could lock into
GPS for 2km into the run. I have had enough of Fitbit ionic... am
starting to look elsewhere. However for those whose units died, just press
the three buttons for at least 12 seconds. It will surely come on.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You will not regret the change 2 Garmin

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check out the Garmin Instinct, it's amazing. Unless you're using the GPS
function, 16 days of battery life
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wearable magazine just did a story entitled, "Fit bit Charge 4, what should we expect of it" or something like that.  I wish they took comments.   I would write "How about a life longer than a month or two or a company who cares"

Best Answer