Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Dead - Won't Power On

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having used a surge for less than a year, I switched to the more versatile (and expensive) Ionic. Less than two months later, it won't switch on: the screen is dead. After having gone through multiple forums, this seems to be a common occurrence. I'd have filed for a refund if this was less than 45 days old. Fitbit is losing a faithful customer today.

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

pchelule, the reset often doesn't work and the only cure is a new Fitbit 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
Why not quickly get on to Fitbit support and get a new one if it's still in warranty, I'm in the uk and we get 2 years but I'm aware some countries only have 1 year
Best Answer
0 Votes
Or a better watch
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't recommend Garmin enough..
Best Answer

I actually just emailed Wareable and admonished them for giving so many kudos to a product whose company obviously doesn't care about reliablity or customer satisfaction.

Best Answer

My fitbit died this morning after working perfectly yesterday  (March 18th)on my last sync

Called fitbit and was placed with an overseas call:  as it goes my warranty is out of date and I could receive a minimal discount from fitbit to rebuy the watch.  Disappointed with the company and the direction it is headed!  Especially after reading all these post.  I haven't been on the community page since I have had no previous issues with my fitbit watches until now. 

Like many people I have read about I have been in the fitbit community since the first watch- graduated to all the different models over the years- Fitbit, Fitbit charge  Fitbit 2 Charge, Blaze, Alta, now Ionic- Not to mention the many I have purchased for family and friends.

The overseas customer service was only doing what the policy is stated by Fitbit.  But so dissatisfied and feel like I was just left hanging.  They knew there was an issue with the product since 2018 and instead of losing revenue to replace or fix problem...Fitbit just let it stay status quo- knew your warranty would end and didn't offer to fix, or replace.  I would even accept a refurbused on at this point.

Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list...same story as yours!  My fitbit died this morning after working perfectly yesterday  (March 18th)on my last sync... little shy of 2 years as well!

Called fitbit and was placed with an overseas call:  as it goes my warranty is out of date and I could receive a minimal discount from fitbit to rebuy the watch.  Disappointed with the company and the direction it is headed!  Especially after reading all these post.  I haven't been on the community page since I have had no previous issues with my fitbit watches until now. 

Like many people I have read about I have been in the fitbit community since the first watch- graduated to all the different models over the years- Fitbit, Fitbit charge  Fitbit 2 Charge, Blaze, Alta, now Ionic- Not to mention the many I have purchased for family and friends.

I am following your path as well by no longer wanting to be in the Fitbit family.  My search for new device starts today.

Krista

Best Answer
I've got a Samsung galaxy active now and no issues! The fitbit is in a drawer waiting for a recall haha Sent on the go with Vodafone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I switched to Garmin Forerunner 245. Took a bit to get used to button rather than swipe feature, but much superior quality. It has already lasted longer than my Fitbit Ionic.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You may have to move on. Mine has too many of those issues and I have lost
count. Last week it died as I was about to finish my running exercise. Just
ordered Garmin vivoactive 4.
I wont recommend anyone to buy fitbit products ever.
Paul
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried it and it works.

Many thanks WolfofAndals!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @SunsetRunner ! Can't thank you enough. This saved my fitbit ionic. I thought it was a goner after it went flat and refused to show anything on screen! The 3 button hold, tried a couple of times for 12 seconds, eventually breathed life back into the watch. The logo came on and I didn't want to factory reset it for now, so let it run whilst it displayed the logo.  Then everything back to normal as the face clock and numbers appeared. As I had it plugged in for most of the afternoon and evening, it's fully charged and ticking away again.  THANK YOU! 🍻🥇👏🙌🙏

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, no efforts at reviving my Ionic worked.  I tried all of the suggestions here but to no avail.  That being the case I ordered a Garmin Vivoactive 4 and it arrived last week.  I've been very happy with it so far.  You can see the screen perfectly outside in the sunlight!  The screen is different versus a Fitbit screen when you're inside but the face is always on (but not always backlit) so it can be seen in a lit room without twisting your wrist back and forth.  The tracking features seem to be working great and the PulseOx reading is presented in a percentage.  

So far, I'd highly recommend the Vivoactive 4 to anyone looking to replace their dead Ionic...  Or anyone looking for a smart fitness tracker in general.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When mine looked dead for someone (most of the day). The 3 button method held for twelve seconds finally brought about a logo to the screen. I had it plugged in while I did it too. 
I had Vivoactive before Ionic. The number of random reboots losing my data eventually drive me mad! 
Switched from Ionic to this and been rather happy since, just annoying how long it takes to sync with app when not on all day sync setting which drains phone and watch battery. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
This trick works but the problem is the ionic can die randomly during your
exercise regardless of how much charge the battery has. I have been
disappointed many times it dies when am exercising and have to reboot it
over and over. I have since packed it away and got myself a Garmin watch.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hasn't died on me once during workouts. But Garmin started randomly rebooting whenever it liked. No rhyme or reason. Lost data all the time is not what I paid for. Guess none of them is perfect. Good luck with your Garmin tho, hope you have better luck than me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I to have no regrets and unlike the fitbits I have yet had to reset it or
reload the fitbit app on my phone. Nice to have an efficient reliable
device.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great thanks for this - just done after asking Fit bit who said buy a new one!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good stuff. So I must ask why still on the community though? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the ionic and after only 4 months, it died. They sent another one and after another 6 months, that one died 10 days ago. Fitbit has lost another loyal customer. How is the Garmin Vivoactive 4 app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes