Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Dead - Won't Power On

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having used a surge for less than a year, I switched to the more versatile (and expensive) Ionic. Less than two months later, it won't switch on: the screen is dead. After having gone through multiple forums, this seems to be a common occurrence. I'd have filed for a refund if this was less than 45 days old. Fitbit is losing a faithful customer today.

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236
Just got myself vivoactive 4 about 3 weeks ago. Much better. Happy for now.
Waits for GPS to lock before starting a run. With ionic you could go for 1
to 2 km before it connects to GPS! The ionic is now locked away gathering
dust! Good riddance although I lost money by buying it! The worst decision
ever!
Best Answer

Planning to look for replacement but definitely not ionic, mine doesn't functioning well anymore it even not displaying any on screen! What a waste of money!

Best Answer
Sorry to hear. Mines working brilliantly well. Happiest with this watch so far. Got at decent price and not seen much on the market that can beat its versatility in the same price range. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha! Then why are you here, since I found this forum when I searched for a way to fix my Ionic. My Ionic was brilliant too, right up until the day it died, a year later. I now have an Apple Watch, and while I wish it had a couple of features the Ionic does, on the whole I like it, if for no other reason than it still works. lol 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish you luck LMFAO
Best Answer
0 Votes
No no, I wish you weren't here Lol 😂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Weird that I would come here to look for a fix. On the fitbit Community. For my fitbit watch. Now take your sorry **ahem** back to your apple watch community and stay there, you weirdo

Best Answer
0 Votes
Honest comment. Read through the thread you will get the idea. You may be
the lucky one. I would buy a lottery ticket 🙂 Cheers!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've got the Samsung active now... LOVE it!!! Sent on the go with Vodafone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Cool. so far so good with Garmin Vivoactive 3
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still haven't done the upgrade - so still working sort of ! I can't change the watch face , which I was trying because the apps on the right of screen are now locked & can't operate. I tried holding down to swap around but only the 2 apps on LHS swap up & down - GRRRRRRRR

Any ideas - apart from throwing it off a cliff or under a bus !

Best Answer
0 Votes

This process worked for me 06OCT20!  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a few Ionics die out...before that I had some other fitbits konk out.  This latest one was a replacement for the last one that broke and it didn't even last four months.  I'm ready to look at Garmin.  Don't have a clue where to start.  Any ideas or recommendations?  Have others switched and been generally happy?

Best Answer
0 Votes
So dissapointed with ionic. I packed it away for almost a year now. Went to
Garmin vivoactive 4. Am fine with it so far.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can it be fixed or is it ruined when that happens 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You can re-boot it but then that will be the order of your life as it will
keep dying like that all the time. If that is what you are comfortable with
then yes
Best Answer
0 Votes
It just needs to be rebooted.
Best Answer