Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic Not Charging and couldn't power on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last week I saw an error message while charging it states that the charge power is not enough and the charge was getting canceled, now the watch is not charging and is not able to switch on. It did work for 2 and half years, but this is an expensive watch and its life has to be more. I don't see any service centers to repair this I would need a response from Fitbit support in servicing the watch. It is not fair to throw away the watch since it is not charging, Fitbit needs to have a solution to make it work, hence request the support team to respond to this query.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Same thing happened to me, support said battery is “broken” and could not do anything. Offered a $5 discount to buy a new item. Have had this Ionic for 1 week over the 2 year warranty. For $300, this product should last more than 2 years. Very disappointed.

Best Answer

You've probably already tried this but it works for me.

Where the charger goes onto the phone there is a groove that helps the magnets to locate properly.

This gets fairly well packed with sweat, grime and so on which can pack in fairly tight, just wiping doesn't remove this and often stops the contacts being able to fully connect to the lead.

Use a pin or a needle, I find the eye end of a needle works well, and give this groove a good scrape out then once clear use a toothbrush to give it a scrub.

I wouldn't use any liquids, apart from isopropyl alcohol, as the waterproof rating is pretty lousy on these ionics.

I get the power supply message a lot because of my work being pretty messy and a lot of debris gets behind the watch causing a poor connection.

Worth a try as it's a possible free solution that's really only a deep clean.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing however, this didn't work 

Best Answer