Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic app is not letting me set up wallet.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I went to wallet icon and click on it. I get "get started" screen. I click on it and somehow it just exit me out of that screen and I am back to Wallet icon screen. I tired restarting my phone, fitbit, delete and reinstalled app. However, it's still not working. Same issue. Any solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hey there @Maulik, welcome to the forums! I'd recommend uninstalling the Fitbit app, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Fitbit app always making sure you're downloading the latest version of the app, for iOS 2.44 is and for Android is 2.63.

Once you've done that, to start, add at least 1 credit or debit card from a participating bank to the Wallet section of the Fitbit app:

1. With your watch nearby, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click the Wallet tile. 
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment card. In some cases, your bank may require additional verification. If you’re setting up Fitbit Pay for the first time, you’ll be prompted to set a 4-digit PIN code for your watch (if you haven’t already done so). Note that you also need to have Touch ID or a PIN code turned on for your phone.
  4. After you’ve added a card, follow the on-screen instructions to turn on notifications for your phone (if you haven’t already done so) to complete the setup.

You can add up to 6 cards to the Wallet and choose which card to set as the default payment option on your watch.

Give this a go and let me know if the issue persists! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit, currently on my android device (HTC M8), I have version installed 2.62.1, which is latest/updated  from android app store. 

As I mention in my earlier post, I've tried restarting my phone & Fitbit Ionic, delete and re-installed fitbit app (5 times). I still see same issue. When I click on "Get Started" it just kick me out of that screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to say that I am having the same issue. I live in the UK. I'm not worried at the moment as my bank is not supported anyway.

More a post to say your not alone :).

Best Answer

Barely any of the US banks or supported.

no Wells Fargo (which is huge on the west coast) 

No Chase (which is also huge on the west coast with the purchase of WaMu in 2008) 

No Citibank (costco cards) 

No American express. 

Its funny that BECU which is a local credit union is supported as well as B of A as the only other banks that have a lot of users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Bank of America Credit card as well. However app it not letting me even go to add card option. 

When I bought fitbit ionic last week, I thought all these features are "working". I wasn't expecting not to work on my android device. Hopefully they fix it in next firmware release.  

Best Answer

Ok so today I saw update avaialable on my android device (HTC M8). Now I see version 27.31.1.16 on my Fitbit app. 

I am able to add my AMEX card to wallet. Thanks to Fitbit for update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also the problem !

1) Removed the  Wallet app (wallet is not on Ionic)

2) Reinstall wallet app (wallet is on Ionic Again)

3) Push the "Device Lock"

4) Box "setting up your wallet"

5) Error message:

Error Registering Ionic with Fitbit Wallet

javax.net,ssl.SSLProtocolExceptio

n: SSL handshake aborted :

ssl=xxxxxxx Failure is SSL library, usaully a protocol error

error:1407742E:SSL

What should I do ?

Best Answer
0 Votes