Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic calibration message prompts frequently

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Ionic in January this year. With the update it now rarely syncs with my phone app and it frequently prompts me to calibrate it although that never works. I've tried resetting it etc. So if I take it back to the shop and ask for a new one will they be obliged to give me a new one under a guarantee?

Thanks for any advice in advance. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Mine too totally sucks mine just died for the 4th time and now will not factory reset. These are way too buggy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@speedywalker whether the store will swap it or not depends on their returns policy. I think you would be best to contact Support (link in my signature ). They will be able to tell you whether to return it to the store, or if another option is best.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

It has a year guarantee. I'm taking it back for a replacement and I recommend everyone with the same problems does also. I only hope the shop will have a new Ionic that won't need rebooting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @speedywalker @QuintNYC, it's nice to see you around! Welcome! Thanks so much for already troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go!

Please note that some users are receiving a persistent notification to calibrate their Ionic after updating to Fitbit OS 2.0. 

Our team is aware of this issue and have proposed a fix which will be rolled out in a future update. 

I understand that the calibration message may be annoying to and I want to assure you that our team is working diligently to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please continue to ignore the calibration message as this should not affect the functionality of the Ionic. 

As my friend @NellyG advised, if you've purchased from a retailer, you'll need to return your product directly to the retailer and follow their return and refund process. This information is generally printed on your receipt, though you may also find it on the retailer's website. Note that we're unable to influence retailer policies. 

On the other hand, my best recommendation is to get in touch with our Customer Support team. While tracker is still under warranty, discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Th calibration is the least of it. It's the fact it doesn't sync that is the real problem.

Just taken it back to the shop and got back with a replcement, but it's the old software which isn't updating properly again. 

Great. Back to the shop, though what for I'm not sure.

Best Answer