Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic calorie numbers is displayed as 0

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I've been having an issue with my fitbit ionic for the past few days. The calorie display on my screen stays as zero, no matter whether I work out or not.

can someone help pls?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Silvia

thanks for your reply.

actually the issue was that my weight and height had been reset both to zero. Hence the fitbit had no record of my BMR, thus not calculating my calories throughout the day.

once i added my weight and height back, it was all good.

thanks 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Shesta Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Let's try restarting your Ionic and continue monitoring its functionality. May I know if you're seeing calories burned in your Fitbit app?

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia

thanks for your reply.

actually the issue was that my weight and height had been reset both to zero. Hence the fitbit had no record of my BMR, thus not calculating my calories throughout the day.

once i added my weight and height back, it was all good.

thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shesta Thank you for getting back. 

Glad to hear that once you entered your personal information, the info displayed again. 

Have a good week. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem but my height and weight are entered. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jlzimmerman Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the settings checked prior to posting. 

Let's check your Fitbit app and see if calories burned aren't displayed there either. In the meantime, try restarting your Ionic if that's the only place where it's calories burned are missing. Is the other data tracked properly?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The main fitbit tracker and app show calories burned, but the exercise program does not. For instance last night during my hockey game I selected circuit training (hockey isn't an option) and for that excersize session it recorded 0 calories burned. The time also shows 0 even though I can go into that session and see that it lasted 1 hour 18 minutes with all the cardio data, heart rate, etc... . The same applies for my biking sessions, it doesn't record calories. Only when I'm not in an excersize program will it display and save calories. Weird. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jlzimmerman Thank you for getting back and sharing important details of what you're experiencing. 

I'd like you to set up your Ionic as a new device to your account and make sure, this procedure is followed when tracking a workout. 

1. On your Ionic, open the Exercise app 

and swipe to find an exercise. If GPS is available, an icon appears in the top left as your device tries to connect.
  2. Tap the exercise to choose it.
  3. Tap the play icon 

to start the exercise, or tap the flag icon (Ionic and Versa series only) to set a goal. If you set a goal, tap the play icon in the bottom right to start.
  4. Tap the middle of the screen to scroll through your real-time stats.
  5. To pause or end your workout, tap the pause icon. To resume, tap the play icon 

. Note that if you set an exercise goal, your watch vibrates and flashes when you reach the goal.
  6. To end the workout, tap the flag icon 

and confirm.
  7. Review your workout summary, and exit the app.
  8. To see your GPS data, tap the Exercise tile 

in the Fitbit app.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes