Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic charging query

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi ,I have received a fit bit Ionic  as a gift  and it functions well, but seems it is generating some heat , which is above the usable level. It happens specially after charging. The battery level also seems not within the specified limits. Please advice

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @koliband  when did you receive the Ionic? It's been on a recall since March 2022. click to learn more

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @koliband  when did you receive the Ionic? It's been on a recall since March 2022. click to learn more

Best Answer

Its about one week since I got it. Does it harmful to use it ? (Anyway seems it cant be used soon after charging due to heat) Think the users in Sri lanka is unaware of that recall process. Can I get this replaced ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@koliband  I'm sure the information in that recall article will help you. Since the problem was the battery overheating, I'd probably not try to use it. They are no longer selling the Ionic, so it can't be replaced. What they have been doing is giving a refund.

Best Answer

Thank you very much for the information . I will try with the information on the recall article. Will reach you again if any issue.. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @koliband. I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Ionic is heating up.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  As @Odyssey13 mentioned, currently there is a Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches. For more information, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

If you're experiencing any discomfort while wearing your Fitbit device, it’s very important to review and follow our wear and care tips. Most customers are able to wear their device without discomfort when following the wear and care tips.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the community organized and prevent any confusion if you have questions regarding a different device please post your query on the correct board.

Best Answer