Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic display shown only vertical lines.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since this morning the display of my Fitbit Ionic is not working properly anymore. If I click a button it illuminates very slowly The screen is filled with vertical lines in an irregular pattern . It illuminates very slowly starting with more blueish colors and turning to more yellow colors before turning dark again. Here how it looks before turning dark. (The picture is blurred, as I can not hold my smartphone completely still. In fact it consists of many very small single lines). 

Fitibit Ionic with vertically yellow striped display.The watch is apparently still working OK besides this, as in the Fitbit app I can see my pulse and the number of steps going up when I walk.

I have tried restarting the watch by holding the left and the botton right buttons down for more than 10 seconds. This did not change anything.

Is there something else I can do? Does somebody know what the cause of this could be?

Thank you for any help

Sincerely,

Claudio

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The only other thing to try is a factory reset in the settings app. Othere than that you will need to contact Support as that is not right! (Link in my signature ). Let us know if the factory reset helps.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

"holding the left and the botton right buttons down" should have meant "holding the left button and the lower button on the right side down together"

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only other thing to try is a factory reset in the settings app. Othere than that you will need to contact Support as that is not right! (Link in my signature ). Let us know if the factory reset helps.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

A normal reset helped a little, as I was now able to see the information on the display, but the lines were still there. The watch, besides the display seems to work perfectly well. But it's draining the battery double as fast as usual. A complete factory reset did not improve anything.

I guess that the display is broken. I will contact support and see how to have it fixed.

Thank you very much for the answer

Best

Claudio

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worth a try, but it does sound broken. ☹ I hope Support are able to help.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem :

I have same problem with the vertical lines.

Started appearing today - no special condition under which it occured. 

After wrist flick the normal display is very grainy as if missing some horizontal lines of pixels.

Hitting the left button gets the same vertical lines back again.

Remediations:

Did a sync

Then tried a hard reset.

Vertical stripes still there.

Going back to store ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing started happening with mine about a month ago. I've tried everything with no help. I've connected support which told me that because it's over 30 days old it's out of warranty and nothing they could do. Which is really frustrating because it's not even fourth months old. I've always spoken highly of FitBits customer service but it's been a horrible experience with the Ionic which is sad because I really love it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0531.JPGIMG_0530.JPGIMG_0529.JPG

Some more examples of the issue. This is after I started the reset.. I persisted with a couple of tries with no luck.

Ended up getting my replaced under warranty - in Australia manufacturers warranty is 12 months and I bought extended warranty with JB HiFi for an additional 2 years which covers full replacement. Considering the watches here discounted currently go for $380 and the extended warranty is $60 its worth it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

2.jpg1.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly I've talked to customer service multiple times and in the US I'm already out of warranty even though it's only 4 months old. What's worse is this only started happening after the OS update. Which tells me that something went wrong with my device when it updated. Which isn't my fault and I feel it should be replaced for free of charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

True

its only happened after the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DarkerWing Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the Ionic's display. Thanks for trying all of those steps to sort this out.

Did you contacted customer support regarding this? If you did, what resolution was given?

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting this and trying the troubleshooting steps provided. I'm glad to hear that you got your replaced and that you are back on track. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

@fumbling81 I hope you're doing well! I went ahead and replied to your other post which is about the same topic here. Please take a look at it and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes