Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic doesn’t work with my iPhone x

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve read lots on the Fitbit not working with the iPhone X but nothing has been done about getting it sorted. I’ve ‘forgotten device’ on my old phone and tried to sync it up with my Fitbit, deleted the app and reinstalled the app a few times and it’s still not working.

I’ve had my Fitbit ionic for while and I want to send it back as the main reason for using it is to get Vitality points. I’ve ended up re-syncing my Fitbit to my old phone (which I want to sell but I’ve left it so my Fitbit app gets updated for Vitality points). Its been months since the iPhone X was released and I’m done waiting, I want to switch to a device which works so I want a refund on my Fitbit ionic but there’s no way I can return it because I don’t have the packaging. Fitbit needs to refund their customers for the poor service and put on the website clearly Fitbit devices won’t work on the iPhone X

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I'm so glad I saw your post before purchasing! I have the iPhone X as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone X, and it works just fine.

Best Answer

How? The Bluetooth can’t pick it up

@iFlow wrote:

I have an iPhone X, and it works just fine.

Best Answer

Mine worked fine for a few days then I had to reset for it to sync. It then worked for a couple of days but now won’t sunc at all. It’s so frustrating!!

Best Answer
Yikes, further confirmation not to buy one until this gets resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

According to the compatible devices page it should work.

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Have you updated your phone to the latest IOS? Needs 11 or later.  Apples power saving system can often lead to sync issues with 3rd party devices, that's about all I can suggest at the moment sorry if it doesn't help, happy if it does 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for replying. I am updated - I did plug watch in to charge earlier ( it still had half battery) & reset it again. It’s now syncing so will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Bought the X and Ionic. I spoke to Fitbit support and they told me that Apple had not approved the updated version that would synch with Ionic. I am guessing Apple is taking their time since the Ionic competes with the Iwatch. 

wrote:
Thanks for replying. I am updated - I did plug watch in to charge earlier ( it still had half battery) & reset it again. It’s now syncing so will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

What worked for me was restarting the Ionic after the app did not pick it up and disconnecting all BT connections from control center at the same time. Immediately after re-enabling BT connection from control center the iPhone X picked it up through the app and started updating the Ionic. Remember that the software is just the same as any other iPhone (iOS11) and it should work fine, also the BT antenna is way better than past iPhones. A few other things that helped were me being connected to the wifi network and turned off all other BT devices close to me. For past Fitbits what used to work was turning BT off from your phone, wifi antenna off from your phone, force closing the app, restarting the tracker + phone at the same time and performing the pairing process again (which did not erase your data).

Hope this helps !

Best Answer
Cool thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

My app get stuck in a loop where the app asks for the BT authentication code from the Ionic. I’ve tried to restart Ionic, restart BT, restart and delete app. 

Getting really frustrated with this Ionic, and looking toward an Apple Warchnif this does fix soon. Was on customer service for over an hour trying to figure it out. The fix was to not use iPhone X. I’m not going to use an old phone to only support FitBit. 

Please fix, or I’m going to the competitor device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this worked thank you for the advice 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes