Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic doesn’t work with my iPhone x

I’ve read lots on the Fitbit not working with the iPhone X but nothing has been done about getting it sorted. I’ve ‘forgotten device’ on my old phone and tried to sync it up with my Fitbit, deleted the app and reinstalled the app a few times and it’s still not working.

I’ve had my Fitbit ionic for while and I want to send it back as the main reason for using it is to get Vitality points. I’ve ended up re-syncing my Fitbit to my old phone (which I want to sell but I’ve left it so my Fitbit app gets updated for Vitality points). Its been months since the iPhone X was released and I’m done waiting, I want to switch to a device which works so I want a refund on my Fitbit ionic but there’s no way I can return it because I don’t have the packaging. Fitbit needs to refund their customers for the poor service and put on the website clearly Fitbit devices won’t work on the iPhone X

Accepted Solution
7 REPLIES

I'm so glad I saw your post before purchasing! I have the iPhone X as well.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

I have an iPhone X, and it works just fine.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

How? The Bluetooth can’t pick it up

iFlow wrote:

I have an iPhone X, and it works just fine.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

Mine worked fine for a few days then I had to reset for it to sync. It then worked for a couple of days but now won’t sunc at all. It’s so frustrating!!

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
Yikes, further confirmation not to buy one until this gets resolved.
Accepted Solution
0 Votes

According to the compatible devices page it should work.

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

Have you updated your phone to the latest IOS? Needs 11 or later.  Apples power saving system can often lead to sync issues with 3rd party devices, that's about all I can suggest at the moment sorry if it doesn't help, happy if it does Smiley Wink

Galaxy S5 Android 6.1 Blaze/Ionic
Accepted Solution
0 Votes
Thanks for replying. I am updated - I did plug watch in to charge earlier ( it still had half battery) & reset it again. It’s now syncing so will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone
Accepted Solution
0 Votes