Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic not holding the charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit held a charge for 5-7 days until about 3 weeks ago. I now have to charge it every single day for it to hold a charge. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Same for me. Holds a charge about 24 hrs. Purchased mine around 2017 so warranty is long past ( 1 yr). I contacted support and they offered  35% discount on a new device. Seems like since last update the battery has decided to stop holding a long charge. I prob paid around $500 back in 2017. Seems kinda lame this day and age i cant get a battery replaced by Fitbit instead of buying a new device.

Should prob mention I have the Ionic and tried all the troubleshooting steps to extend the battery. Fitbit support was able to verify the poor battery remotely.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Ruthiechippy. Thanks for stopping by @SunsetRunner. 

@Ruthiechippy I appreciate the detailed information shared. As you have mentioned, the Fitbit Ionic should be able to last up to 5 days; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. Before considering other options, please make sure that you've reviewed the tips provided in this article.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. I was able to confirm that you reached out to our Support Team before and they exhausted all troubleshooting steps, for this reason, they decided to provide a discount towards a purchase of a new device. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty. 

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Cindy, i completed all the troubleshooting steps myself before contacting support and advised them as such. They were able to see remotely when i last fully charged my device and how long it took to drain. They felt the issue was on fitbits end i believe and would look into my warranty status. I asked how long a battery is good for and or the warranty via the online chat tool and was told it depends and they dont want to provide misinformation. I then received an email shortly after saying my warranty is up essentially. I suppose i'm fortunate my battery lasted 5 years from what ive read from other user experiences. I'm also grateful I was offered a discount. I'm just disappointed a perfectly good watch aside from the battery is now useless. It's a bit of a waste in my mind and I'm surprised a big tech company like Fitbit doesn't have a repair process in place that's more environmentally friendly.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your response. 

I appreciate your feedback in regards to the difficulties that you are experiencing with your Fitbit Ionic and with our warranty. Your comments are very important since this is the best way to make your voice heard. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family, however, Fitbit as any other company has policies to follow through.

We strive for excellent customer service. Customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, however, the demands of running a global business require that we now enforce our warranty consistently. If you have doubts about the response that received from our team, please feel free to get back to them. They will be glad to give you more details about your warranty options.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes