Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic's display has gone blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having some problems with my Ionic. The screen has gone completely black. No lights anywhere and nothing happens when I try to charge it. This is my second Ionic. I got the first in January and the same thing happened. I got my current one as a replacement in March. This time around I did notice that the Ionic wasn't holding a charge very long and if it died it would display the wrong time after I charged it. Not sure if those problems are related.

I talked to customer support and we determined that none of the obvious solutions are going to fix it, so my options are to get it replaced under warranty or try to get a refund from the retailer. Just trying to find out how prolific this problem is and whether I am wasting my time getting a new one yet again. Anyone out there experienced this issue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @z_pnw! I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have with your Fitbit Ionic. Personally, I haven't had issues with my buddy so far, but I'll be more than glad to help. Smiley Very Happy 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

What troubleshooting steps have you tried? What I guess here is that probably your tracker ran out of battery. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour? Even if you don't get anything on the screen I'd recommend charging your tracker at least 1 hour to see if the battery icon comes up after that period of time.

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen or press any button to check the battery level. 

User-added image

If after the 1-2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charge your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

I'd also try restarting your Ionic once more by following these steps

I'm glad to hear that you're already chatting with our Customer Support Team. If the steps I've provided don't work, I'd recommend keeping the conversation with them as they have all the tools to review and check where the issue is coming from and what your options are. 

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to assist!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh gee, you have to charge it?

Jokes aside, none of that has worked for me, so I got a replacement from Best Buy. Hopefully third time's the charm, but I am starting to get the feeling that this is just a faulty product.

Best Answer