Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic screen issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my watch from release till now. Suddenly my watchs screen slowly  turns white everytime I turn it on.  When on the brightness keeps getting brighter so I turned it off cause of fear of it exploding. I can't access any of my settings because my screen is white. Don't know what to do? Any ideas or solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My ionic is doing the same thing.  after activating the screen it turns bright white about 3 seconds, stays bright white for a few seconds and slowly turns a charcoal color with almost a white "burn in".

I just spend two hours with Fitbit and they are replacing under warranty.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Have you tried restarting the Ionic? (Press and hold the left button and bottom right button together for 15 secs). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I did but it didn't work. All it did was show the fitbit load screen then it faded and turned white again 😣😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is doing the same thing.  after activating the screen it turns bright white about 3 seconds, stays bright white for a few seconds and slowly turns a charcoal color with almost a white "burn in".

I just spend two hours with Fitbit and they are replacing under warranty.

Best Answer

Oh I completely forgot about the warranty! I will see if they can fix mine too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just started to do the same thing. It’s like a white ring that intensifies from the center of the screen. Then it goes to a white oval halo. At first I thought my eyes were clouding over. 

I‘ve tried the suggested reboot which didn’t help.

Any more solutions out there?

Best Answer
I had to send mine in and Fitbit replaced under warranty. Hopefully they will do the same for you.

Brett Harsh
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Brett. I intend calling them today to see what they say. If I recall my Ionic is right around its birthday but looking at it in a fog renders it inoperable. I’ve grown to depend on it!!!

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. 

Graham

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update

Tried the reboot without success.

Chatted with folks at Fitbit through their help option and went through various steps including a Factory Reset and changing the watch face to a Fitbit face (which means I’ve lost a lot of onscreen data availability that I enjoy). 

Seemed to be working, then this morning I saw the white cloud burn in again. It’s behaving right now so I’ll just watch it (no pun intended).

Tip: if it happens to you try to take a photograph of the screen. I was asked to provide one and it’s not easy to do as the screen changes quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Graham736 and @bharsh, it's good to see you around in the Community forums. 

@Graham736, thank you for confirming that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, like the restart or the factory reset. While sending your information to the Customer Support team I was indeed informed that you already have a case created with them and they're providing you with assistance; you should be getting a reply soon. 

Thank you for your help with this too @bharsh

Keep us posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ultimately Fitbit replaced my Ionic although there were initially availability issues and I was surprised that shipping of replacements, under warranty, isn’t automatically overnight.

Let’s see how long this one lasts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's good news @Graham736, thank you for the update.  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes