Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic stopped working after swimming

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my fitbit since Dec 2018. I always swim and shower with it on, sleep with it on, it never goes off my arm except to charge. I went swimming and later i realised the screen was blank. There was plenty of battery so i knew something was wrong. I did a normal reset as well as the hard reset and nothing worked. The red lights arent even flashing. Please advise

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Skippy_.

I am sorry to hear your Ionic stopped working and won't turn on after you went swimming with it. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep working with them. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my fitbit since Dec 2018. I always swim and shower with it on

Not a good idea. Have you done a search in the forum for swimming issues with the Ionic? There are many, many posts regarding the poor waterproof integrity of the Ionic (and Versa) devices.

Mine never goes near water or even the shower. Me and my wife lost two Versa devices due to water killing them. The Ionic is at least as vulnerable.

Best Answer
0 Votes