Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic vs. Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music | Trying to decide which to buy!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't decide on FitBit Ionic or the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music. The Ionic pros for me is ease of use since I'm familiar with Fitbit having used a Charge 2 for the last few years. I also have established friends for challenges and enjoy the Fitbit app as it's very social and competitive with challenges/awards.

The Garmin has pretty much all the same features that I need but I can use my Amazon music account that I'm already paying for which would be good for walking and the gym so I wouldn't need my phone. If I went with the Ionic I'd have to pay for a music service.

I'd like to hear from other people who have used either device or both. Any issues? Do you enjoy your experience? I guess I'm trying to decide if the social experience of Fitbit is worth keeping? I'd really like to be able to use my Amazon music but hate giving up my challenges and the familiarity of the Fitbit app. I read that Garmin has groups but nowhere near as popular as Fitbit.

Brandon

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I have the ionic which was damaged by the latest firmware update, so had to look for an alternative. I managed to get hold of a vivoactive 3 music for a few weeks and was so impressed with it that i bought the vivoactive 4. The vivoactive 3 music was recommended by other runners and i have to say i was very impressed with it. I've not had a single issue with the 4, no gps drop outs, it syncs first time every time, and you dont even know its doing software upgrades. Garmin has a weekly step challenge but tonnes of badge type challenges.  You could view the software before deciding and you can import all your fitbit data into Garmin 

Best Answer