Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic will not turn on or respond to charging.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Went to bed and my fitbit was around 40% woke up and the screen was off and not responding so I though somehow it died.. Plugged it into the charger and it is not responding or coming back on. I've tried resetting it several times and cleaning the charging area but nothing is working. Any other suggestions would be great! I got this as a gift about a month ago and called in to support and all they did for me was offer me 25% off a new one which I'm hesitant to even think about buying because this one was SO expensive and only worked for a short a period of time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

was it new when you got it as a gift?  If so, it should still be under warranty.  If not, you are like many of us and just have an expensive paper weight.  I would not recommend going forward with buying another considering the issues many of us have faced.

Best Answer

It was new but I think the fact that I got it as a gift made the warranty invalid or something because I wasn't the person who bought it. 😞 And it's still not back on I am so sad because I love the app and community. But thankfully I still had my beat up surge for backup. I hate to be leaving but I think you are right with not buying another I guess I will start looking for a different brand of tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic did the same thing this past weekend. Tried everything you did including leaving it plugged in for 2 days and was ready to take it out back and shoot it(literally). On a whim, I just tried holding the back button and the lower button for about 15 seconds and to my suprise it lit up!!!. Plugged in the charger and it said I was at 99%!!! So, all this while it must have charged and just shut down. Try this before giving up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will do!!!! Fingers crossed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

"It was new but I think the fact that I got it as a gift made the warranty invalid or something because I wasn't the person who bought it"

It doesn't matter who bought it.  If customer support telling you that, then ask for a supervisor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guess I will be calling back lol.......thanks guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes