Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic only a month old and battery went flat now it won’t charge or switch on at all tried to do factory reset what next? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity. 

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

Oh no! Sorry you are having problems. What phone are you using? It sounds like you have done the usual troubleshoots. Try a factory reset (settings app on the Ionic and scroll down to About) but if that doesnt work you will need to return it to the store it was bought from for an exchange or contact Support (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Alaska814! I agree with @NellyG, it seems you've exhausted all the troubleshooting steps. Thanks for taking the time to do so, nice way to go! Smiley Very Happy

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Woman Very Happy

In the meantime, please double check you've followed these steps in order to properly charge your Fitbit Ionic. 

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to us me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you for the assistance. I havent tried the factory reset option yet because I am unable to get the screen on the fitbit to work. I have been contacted by customer support though so hopefully a fix is coming soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know @Alaska814, that's why I created the support case since in order to perform the factory reset the screen needs to work. 

Usually you should unpair your Ionic, forget Bluetooth (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset, otherwise you might face inconveniences after performing the factory reset. 

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you're in good hands now my friend. Smiley Very Happy Keep in an eye on your inbox, someone will reach you out shortly.

Happy stepping! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My iconic Fitbit stopped working and won’t charge . When put on charging it shows 0% charge and won’t charge further . Please recommend a solution or replace it . I bought it about 20 days ago

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit's troubleshooting guide for charging issues is at: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1190/

As it says at the end of that, if those tips don't work then it's best to contact customer support. If they can't help then they can advise on your warranty options: contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

having the same issue.

Seems after poking around that there are many out there with the same issue.  No one mentioned of any lead up to this like not holding charge, etc....just one day, boom, battery won't charge.

Seems like it might be more of an issue with something that was pushed down.

After tinkering with mine for pretty much all day yesterday, I contacted support.  they wanted me to try to video and send to them, pressing all three buttons and connecting cable.  Not having more than two hands I attempted this and sent the videos.

There were unable to get it to do anything different than what I had already accomplished which garnered nothing.

They were supposed to get send me a shipping label in email to send in...it has been about 12 hours or so, still no label..

I was told that when they received the ionic, typically 5-7 business days later I should receive a replacement.

I asked about the shipping to them and was advised it had to be ground...so...2 weeks I will be without my ionic, provided they ever get the label to me...

Not enthused about the turnaround within warranty.

Maybe now I understand why there are so many ionics for sale used.

They sell you a device that becomes part of your daily routine then if it needs to be replaced in warranty, two weeks without it....hrmm....didn't know I was supposed to purchase a spare.

Still no return label....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've bee having with your Fitbit Ionic. 

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Please keep an eye on your inbox, our support team will get back to you shortly. 

If there's any questions present, let me know. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I got bad news for you.  The 5 to 7 days after they receive your Ionic is how long it takes them before they ship out your new one.  You won't receive one within 5 to 7 days of them getting yours.

It makes a huge difference.

They received mine on 7/3.  Of course a holiday was in there on 7/4, but still nothing yet about them receiving it.

I'm going to be hitting a month without a working Ionic given I started the support process with them on 6/13.

Started looking at a few other options (read: other brands) this morning.  I liked the sleep tracking it provided me, so doing my homework to see if others are comparable.

Best of luck with your return, and I hope it's speedier than mine.  Keep in mind make sure you mail it at a fedex location, do not use USPS.  That eliminates a step (mine was in transit from 6/19 to 7/3, because the USPS held it for a few days before fedex picked it up... and it's not fast fedex either, still another week plus in their hands).

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly what I figured on the transit time.  I guess they don't understand that the time you don't have your expensive toy, you start to look for alternatives and if you find one, what good is the one you get back? Why would someone make due with something else, go through the learning curve and whatnot for a new device with the intent of ditching it when they finally get a working device back...makes no sense.  And I still do not have a return label....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also having the same issue , sent a mail to customer support on Sunday and hoping for a reply soon.

Was working fine for 6 months and now wont charge at all just saying "0% Charging" but nothing is happening

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

since I am still waiting to send my ionic in, I have tried every potential scenario I can think of, still no dice.

I have a couple more things I am going to try and will let you know if I have any luck

Here is a very random one that I didn't try until after I had already sent mine in.  And it seemed to work for two people.

Try charging your Ionic at some place that your phone as well as the Ionic wouldn't normally sync to the wifi.  I'm still of the mindset that the firmware broke some devices and leaves the watch constantly connected to wifi, which would explain how quickly it drains.  So a couple other folks completely disconnected the watch from their phone, etc, and charged it somewhere else.  And that seemed to break them out of the 0% charging thing most of us are stuck with.

Just something to try in the meantime while you wait for your return label.  Worth a shot I suppose.  I had always tried to charge it from different outlets in my home where of course it was on my home wifi network everywhere.

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is only 6 months old and quit charging.  I have plugged into multiple outlets and the computer, cleaned it with alcohol and reset it and the watch still won’t charge.  Are there any other options or am I left with a broken watch that is fairly new?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

@sconnolly wrote:

Also having the same issue , sent a mail to customer support on Sunday and hoping for a reply soon.

Was working fine for 6 months and now wont charge at all just saying "0% Charging" but nothing is happening

same exact thing...start making alternative plans...2 days I think it was after being told I would get a return label, to get the return label and from what others are saying, it will be more than two weeks at best before I have a functioning one back in my possession from fitbit.

I find it odd that in today's day and age, something like this cannot be dealt with once a functionality problem has been recognized and accepted, covered under warranty, that a company cannot and will not do what other companies have done for years in these same situations with their products which have issues under warranty which is to take a cc, send you a replacement overnight and you to send the faulty one back in the same box, if you do not, you will be charged for the replacement device...

The way these replacements under warranty are currently being handled, it's with Fitbit's best interest at heart, not the customer that keeps them in business by purchasing their product.

Seriously thinking about going to reviews on Amazon and whatnot and letting people know what they are in for if they purchase an Ionic....no reason they shouldn't be warned ahead of time, nothing wrong or malicious about that...

I rank this experience up there with dealing with ATT and home router issues, they can't figure it out, even if you have a business connection, the earliest the will send someone out is 3-5 days and the won't just send you a replacement router or make accommodations for you to pick one up somewhere...again, company's best interest at heart...not the consumer

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jharla1 wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

since I am still waiting to send my ionic in, I have tried every potential scenario I can think of, still no dice.

I have a couple more things I am going to try and will let you know if I have any luck

Here is a very random one that I didn't try until after I had already sent mine in.  And it seemed to work for two people.

Try charging your Ionic at some place that your phone as well as the Ionic wouldn't normally sync to the wifi.  I'm still of the mindset that the firmware broke some devices and leaves the watch constantly connected to wifi, which would explain how quickly it drains.  So a couple other folks completely disconnected the watch from their phone, etc, and charged it somewhere else.  And that seemed to break them out of the 0% charging thing most of us are stuck with.

Just something to try in the meantime while you wait for your return label.  Worth a shot I suppose.  I had always tried to charge it from different outlets in my home where of course it was on my home wifi network everywhere.

Good luck!

unfortunately, too late now, it's in the cheapest and slowest delivery method available on it's way to a third party, ingram micro, per fitbit....anyone want to get in on a pool as to when it might be back in my possession....lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is not charging just shows 0% when plugged into my PC or wall USB. Yesterday it was at 92% and after 45min screen went blank I verified my charger with my coworker’s Ionic, my charger works on his. My terminals are clean. I think the battery has failed. For the past month or so the charge stopped lasting as long each day. The charge used to last up to three days then dropped off to barely a day. Today it’s just not charging at all. What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic has just experienced the same problem expressed by others.

After charging overnight, it won't turn on.

I've tried a two-button reset (left and bottom right) and three-button (all three) for up to a minute. No luck.

Checked the charger and contacts. Everything appears OK, but Ionic is still dark.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Richard

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

The best thing to do would be to contact support. They have the ability to look at the diagnostic information from your Ionic (discharge time, number of discharges etc), and will hopefully be able to assist you further. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer