Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic won't charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

My fitbit Ionic has issues with charging. It won't charge and as a result I am not able to use it at all

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Samruddhi.

I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I recommend following our troubleshooting instructions from this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

I'll be around if you need further help.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Ionic won't charge. Sits at 0 percent.  I cleaned pins, changed power source, changed wall connector, left it connected for 3 hours. As soon as you disconnect power cable it powers off. Connect cable and it powers on but will not charge. I factory reset and resynced and updated firmware bit it would not update over WiFi because the battery was too low and it will not charge.  Has been very consistent and worked great up until 4 days ago. 

Best Answer

Mine did the same thing.  Battery ran low and it shut off while I was at work.  Went home, put it on the charger, wouldn’t charge.  I’ve cleaned the pins, pressed the different button combinations, changed USB chargers, in short done everything they have recommended multiple times.  I have been working with FitBit help for over a week now. Today they responded there is nothing they can do, and offered me 35% discount on a FitBit from their website, but they don’t offer Ionic anymore.  So my extra bands and assessories appear worthless now as well.  Also, if you search this topic online, it appears many many many people are having the same battery issue with FitBit, with no resolution, unless you live in the EU, which requires FitBit to cover their products for two years.  Sad that FitBit products don’t last two years.  Good luck, but I would plan on buying something new.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @johnveniot @Kardad.

@johnveniot I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

@Kardad Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience and feedback. We're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I appreciate your understanding and hope you could give Fitbit another opportunity in the future.

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I tried all steps but no luck. My FitBit is under warranty, where I can get the repairs done? Or do I have to file a claim? 

I tried filing a claim but since my FitBit is not paired to my account (and now it is completely shut), I could not even do that.

Thanks,

Samruddhi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Samruddhi.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I understand your concern and I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. Due to recent events affecting our operations, our Support team may take longer to contact you. If you're pressed for time, you can try using chat or phone to continue with this issue. Please check our Support contact options here

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. Tried all the different troubleshoot options and non seem to work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Can you please give a India contact number? The number listed on the support page is turned off. Do I need to add +44 for UK?

Thanks,

Samruddhi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Syera.A. Thank you for your response, @Samruddhi

@Samruddhi you can contact our Support team at 000 800 050 1057 Monday - Friday, 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM. 

@Syera.A I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. Thanks for trying to resolve this. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back as they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LiliyaFitbit,

I'm still facing the same issue even after following the steps given by your support team. Still unable to turn the ionic on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @Syera.A.

I am sorry to hear the issue persists. I've sent these details to them and they will contacting you via email. Due to recent events affecting our operations, our Support team may take longer to contact you. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes