Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic won't sync to iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

yesterday I notice my ionic was about 5 minutes out of sync with my phone.  It just wont sync at all now.  Tried all the fixes various forums recommend but the problems is constant.  Wont connect and seems to loose time.  Apple watch here I come.  This is ridiculous.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for following my tips and recommendations @tbeaudoin. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Hey there @yorak, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for already troubleshooting this syncing issue, nice way to go! Woman Very Happy 

Syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Verify each requirement before moving on to the troubleshooting steps.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your iPhone. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it.
  7. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your iPhone and try to sync.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I also have tried all the suggested fixes and it may sync for a minute and then it stops. For the price, I shouldn't be this frustrated. I have a new Iphone that is on the supported list and it is updated to the newest version.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @tbeaudoin, it's nice to see a new member around! Can you check what's the Fitbit app version you have installed on your iPhone? We just released a new update which is version 2.53. If your app needs to be updated, once you finish the update I'd recommend doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Also, I like to know if you have "All-Day sync" enable or you manually sync? 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer

I have done all those things in your list. I have all day sync on and I have shut it off and turned it back on. The problem that I can see, is that on the Ionic itself, under settings and about, it shows WiFi off. I can't find anywhere to turn it on. I have synced it with my phone, turned connected with WiFi on my phone, everything I can see to do that but it only syncs once and starts counting down on the time after that.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and providing with some details of your issue @tbeaudoin. If you have trouble adding a Wi-Fi network, complete the steps below. If you have a hidden network, skip to the next section.

1. Restart your watch by pressing and holding the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo.
  2. Go back to the Fitbit app and try again to add a Wi-Fi network.
  3. If you see other networks appear in the list of available networks, but not your preferred network, move your watch closer to your router.

If you still can't connect your watch to Wi-Fi, remove your watch from the list of Bluetooth devices on your phone (known as "unpairing"). 

1. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > your device name > find an option to forget the device.
  2. Go back to the Fitbit app and try again to add a Wi-Fi network.

Note that you must set up notifications again after unpairing your watch from your phone. For instructions, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

If you have a hidden Wi-Fi network, it may not appear in the list of available networks under Wi-Fi Settings in the Fitbit app. First, make sure the network is compatible with your watch by reviewing the list of networks in How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi? Then manually add the network in the Fitbit app.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your watch tile.
  2. Tap or click Wi-Fi Settings.
  3. Under Networks, find the option to manually add a network and enter the network name and security type.

Let me know if this helps! 

Best Answer

I have once again tried all the things you listed. The device will not turn on the WiFi connection. My phone works with everything else when it comes to WiFi, so it is not my phone but the app won't connect and the device says WiFi is off. This has been weeks now and I am really wanting to send it back. I am horribly disappointed in this device especially since I bit the bullet to spend the $300 on the nice one.

Best Answer

Thanks for following my tips and recommendations @tbeaudoin. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer

I am in the same boat.  It began when I changed clock faces.  Not sure if that is relevant or coincidence, but now I am stuck with my phone will not even pick up the ionic.  

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @tbeaudoinI'd like you to make sure that your Fitbit Ionic is still connected to your Fitbit account. Maybe the tracker got unpaired and that's why it's not syncing? Also, check if the tracker is still appearing on the phone's Bluetooth settings. Smiley Wink

If your tracker is no longer paired to your Fitbit account but it's on the phone's Bluetooth settings, let's remove it from here too.

In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Ionic and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device". Once this has been done, let's do the setup process again. 

If you also face with Wi-Fi issues, please check the article: Why won't my Fitbit watch connect to Wi-Fi?

Hope to hear good news! 

Best Answer

This syncing issue is infuriating! I have done all the steps and haven't been able to get it to sync in days. I've only had the Ionic for about a month. 

Best Answer

Agreed! They are going to have to address this in their development cycles
if this is to be a long term solution. I wound up sending mine back,
which is cool that they stand by their product, but in the end a great
experience should be the goal. My hope is that they are working toward
that.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hey there @strox42, thanks for jumping in here and following the troubleshooting steps provided! Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 

I totally understand your point @jimbag8. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Best Answer

I am

so frustrated with my ionic . I have been a die hard fan forever but this one stinks . I can’t get it to sync with my i phone . For awhile it worked and now won’t sync keeps searching . Worse fit bit ever been nothing but problems .when I give these us gifts I give the charge .

Best Answer

Hey there @Rbailey2, it's nice to see you around the forums! Sorry to hear about the syncing issue you've been experience with your Fitbit Ionic. 

Can you please let me know if you've tried the steps I've posted here? Also, I'd recommend taking a look at the article: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope this helps, I'll be around. Keep me in the loop! 

Best Answer

credit where credit is due...

Fitbit took my old one back and sent me the new one.  They have been helpful and all has been well for 3 weeks.   Not happy to have had an issue, but very pleased that Fitbit stood by their product, provided great service along the way, and just made it right.   Superior service goes a long ways guys.  Nice job!

thanks and still a Fitbit ionic wearer.

jim

Best Answer

Thanks hope they respond

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your experience @jimbag8! I'm glad to hear that our support team manged the situation. Robot Very Happy Hope you keep enjoying your Fitbit. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Have you tried the steps provided my friend @Rbailey2Robot wink

Best Answer
Not sure if you actually read my message my ionic won’t
Sync anymore and it is frustrating. Why are you sending me surveys before you even respond and now why say all is good when I have a lemon ionic?
I mean really ..
Best Answer

i bought an ionic a week ago and its probably the worst piece of tech ive ever bought. doesnt sync with my iphone at all, had to try three other android phones just to set it up initially by "following the instructions". took me 5 hours just to do that. after the initial set up it just synched with my iphone once. ive literally wasted 10 hours during the last 6 days on the forums reading and trying all the tips, tricks and 'instructions" to make it sync and work properly and it still wont budge. this is the first time ive bought a fitbit product and most definitely the last. it wouldve been understandable if it were a cheap product but it costs 300 dollars. just a big waste of money and time. honeslty i feel like i got robbed or something. thank you fitbit.   

Best Answer
0 Votes