Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionics have a mass bricking epidemic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit's Ionics have been bricking themselves on a global scale for the past few months, many just out of warranty. These are not isolated incidences there is a catastrophic failure in some aspect of design, software, or manufacturing of these devices. If you look at the huge numbers of Ionic owners posting on the product help forum with identical experiences of the devices suddenly bricking you can plainly see that this is a serious problem. They are replacing units within warranty and offering 25-40% discounts outside of warranty but, without addressing and correcting the issue the devices they are sending out still have the same fatal flaw(s).

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

That is what happened to me as well. Fitbit Ionic went out of Warranty and stopped working.  I got a Versa Lite on Sale so I did not even get a discount or anything from Fitbit.  I don't even know if there is an option to get the Ionic fixed....  Unfortunately, I don't see other viable options since I have an iPhone but i don't want an Apple watch because I track sleep and am not interested in daily charging.

Best Answer

I wish we have some information about it how to get my two Ionic fixes. Being a Fitbit customer is very frustrating because ALL the watches I bought got the black screen of death.

In 2019 my first Ionic died and after I contacted the support team, which they were very kind with my complaint (ticket Ionic - #28418365), they sent me another brand new Ionic, which I was only able to acquire this year due to a pandemic situation and also other constraints. As soon as I synced with my phone the update started. Everything looked good right at the start, but when the upgrade reached 80% the watch died.

This is the fourth watch from Fitbit that died for no explanation. If I sum up the total cost of the watches I've bought I could have an Apple watch 2 (stainless steel).

I can't believe in the brand anymore... to sad because I liked it and just started using it after a friend's recommendation. 

PS: I switch to another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They just had a recall for those watches. They were giving $299.00 for the watch. Something to do with the battery overheating.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer