Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.2 - Ionic Firmware Release (32.12.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, everyone! I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.2! (Firmware Version: 32.12.19) At this time, we've released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. 

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Please check out this help article to see what's new in this update.

IS THIS UPDATE AVAILABLE TO ME?

This update has only been released to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. If you have not yet received an update notification and wish to force the update, you can give the watch a FACTORY RESET and then follow steps 1 - 4 below. Please make sure you sync the watch before performing the reset so that all your current data transfer over. Factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. Historical Fitbit data will still be available in the Fitbit App.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here. We recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article.

If you run into trouble updating your Ionic, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have questions, please let me know in this thread!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
422 REPLIES 422

My Ionic won't sync at all. Turned it off and on, restarted the phone, deleted Ionic from Fitbit app and reinstalled, reinstalled the app, deleted Ionic from phones Bluetooth and paired again. Nothing has solved the problem. I expected a lot more from Fitbit. This product is clearly undeveloped and I'll be returning it.

Best Answer

I was really frustrated too.  I finally called support and they walked me through all the steps of re-pairing my fitbit and phone and this time it worked.  Suggest reaching out to them. 

Best Answer

Call support.  They got it to work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JanetFar wrote:

I was really frustrated too.  I finally called support and they walked me through all the steps of re-pairing my fitbit and phone and this time it worked.  Suggest reaching out to them. 

Hi Janet,

It's not the phone, it's the device. It won't sync to the computer properly either and I already re-paired it a few times, as well as the other troubleshooting steps I mentioned. Thanks for trying to help anyway

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, after almost a week, multiple restarts, reboots, and deletions, I can
say that my Ionic has finally come back to life. What a nightmare.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine wont even pair with my phone £250 for a rubber brick not happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm done!   I'm tired of this ionic not syncing with my iPhone 6 even with the update.   It's continuing the same issue that I've had since I bought the unit.   I have five case numbers regarding this model and even got an Ionic replacement.   My Charge 2 doesn't have any issues syncing with my phone.   I contacted customer support and, of course, they cheerfully told me that the new update will work for me.   Well, it doesn't.  I have done 2 factory resets today.   Therefore, I'M DONE!

Best Answer

This is great news. I just got an iconic and I am honestly extremely frustrated. When will it be out to everyone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

for $280, I expected a LOT more than this.  So far, it has given more trouble than it's worth.  It locks onto my pace instead of my pulse, it pairs, starts to sync then drops for HOURS no matter what I do.  I have unpaired then paired again, restarted, deleted then reinstalled the app, factory reset and nothing helped.  There is definitely something with the sync causing it to get dropped from the app.  During the sync, there is a lot of freezing with the watch where touches to the screen or button either take effect several seconds after or not at all.  This is when it gets dropped from the app then has to reconnect.  Restarting the watch doesn't help, restarting the app doesn't help, you just have to wait until it works.  Lets hope your latest patch addresses this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not received the update, how do I get it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still waiting to receive this update as well. What is the current rollout progress of this update? I believe it's been about ~3 weeks now since it was initially rolled out.

Best Answer

I'm still waiting too. It's been 3 weeks now. What a joke!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive found a bit of a work around that helps until we get an update. in settings on the watch go to bluetooth and turn on the music via bluetooth option then press the add device button at that point do a sync at the same time on your phone and it seems to do a full sync..Like i say a bit of a pain but better than nothing whilst fitbit get there house in order as regards updates.

Best Answer

Me too, but not sure I want it after everything written here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Ionic and Versa firmware's are very similar and after looking at what a mod posted in the Versa forum it appears they pulled the firmware update and she doesn't know when they will release it again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm yeah I think you're right. Versa mod post here.

Best Answer

Bert6868, thank you VERY much for that tip!  Your workaround worked first time after not being able to sync for nearly 3 days.

Best Answer

Worst update ever. It took days of messing around trying blue-tooth and WiFi. After a few factory resets it finally updated. Who do I bill for my time wasted?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 10/23/18

Hi everyone. Thank you all for your continued patience as our team works to ensure the rest of this firmware rollout goes out smoothly. 

@JanetFar @circledog Great to see that you were able to get updated. I wanted to let you know that your troubleshooting efforts are truly appreciated.

@allanr143 @CelesteD @Flavius For those of you who are having issues syncing, I can recommend performing each of the steps detailed in this article. I can also recommend navigating to your phones Bluetooth settings and forgetting Ionic then re-pairing it.

For those of you who have received the update prompt (v27.32.12.19) and are having a tough time, check out the troubleshooting tips I listed, here.

I will be sure to keep you updated once I know more about the rollout. In the meantime, feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
Hi Matt, as stated above we've done all that multiple times. I'd be happy
to hear a real solution if you have one. Thanks
Best Answer