Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.2 - Ionic Firmware Release (32.12.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, everyone! I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.2! (Firmware Version: 32.12.19) At this time, we've released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. 

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Please check out this help article to see what's new in this update.

IS THIS UPDATE AVAILABLE TO ME?

This update has only been released to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. If you have not yet received an update notification and wish to force the update, you can give the watch a FACTORY RESET and then follow steps 1 - 4 below. Please make sure you sync the watch before performing the reset so that all your current data transfer over. Factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. Historical Fitbit data will still be available in the Fitbit App.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here. We recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article.

If you run into trouble updating your Ionic, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have questions, please let me know in this thread!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
422 REPLIES 422

I just checked for my Versa update and didn't get it. I doubt I have it for my Ionic, but I'll check anyway.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbitFull update via WiFi only took 25 minutes this time...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I have found with my Ionics, when we think it isn't syncing it really is..

Sometimes I have found the round trip to the server, (the phone as a conduit) and back to the phone can be an elapsed time of up to 5 minutes.

When I sync and it shows the wheelie, I tap the screen, and that is normally blank or the second hand of the watch has stopped, an indication that the data is being copied.. Then the wheelie goes gray, you tap and away it goes again...

It's over an hour since I synced and it is still syncing on demand..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I would really like a more detailed report regarding what has been fixed or what's new 🙂

Best Answer

Well, my Ionic is still installing the update. It wouldn't do it over Wi-Fi (it kept saying it was having trouble connecting to the Wi-Fi, both at home and at my office), so I ended up doing it via Bluetooth. Painfully slow doesn't start to describe it. So far, it's been at it for well over an hour and it's not quite halfway done. It's effectively making my Ionic and my phone unusable and I don't really find that acceptable. Yes, I know it will take longer via BT, but seriously, HOURS? This update better be spectacular.

Best Answer

But there is still no calendar integration... I’m baffled!

Best Answer

+10 on getting a more detailed list of fixes, tracking GPS issues in https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-losing-GPS-connection-during-activity/m-p/2985913

Best Answer

Please check out our help article here for the new features.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing I noticed right after the firmware update finished: The heart rate monitor is now much different. I don't think my pulse dropped 10 points in the last couple of hours, so pretty sure something is now "off".

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit ionic no longer syncs. It took me almost 3 hours to update the latest firmware. I need to factory reset the watch to upgrade to the latest OS.  Now the watch does not sync at all.    

Best Answer
I'm sitting here for about the 20th time trying to fix this. I've done everything support said to do and nothing works. I'm so **ahem** angry!
Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I've tried doing the update twice now and it has taken hours and crashed halfway both times.

Best Answer
That's exactly what mine continues to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Its really starting to make me mad. I have lost a ton of steps because its
been sitting on the charger all day. grrr!
Best Answer

Your post lets me know that I need  to let it continue updating for hours and hope that it will finally finish updating.....this process has frustrated me for going on 17 hours now.

Best Answer
Same here. It's really pissing me off. I've only had it for three months and I'm furious at how it's turned into rock. 

Best Answer

@Jim_from_Powell keep an eye on that HR over the weekend and let me know if you're seeing that significant drop stick or not.

@reddy27 According to my sync tool it looks like you were able to successfully complete the update. Have you tried restarting the Ionic 1-2 times and then attempting to force sync since then? Let me know if that helps out.

@Pavlov17 @HBittner @Distracted I recommend making sure that you have a strong WiFi connection and are as close to your router as possible and giving it another try. If you're trying at work, I recommend giving it a shot at home where there may be less Bluetooth/WiFi interference. Keep me updated on how it goes.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every troubleshooting option recommended on the fitbit site. Have never had this with any previous firmware release and have had my Ionic since last November.

Best Answer

I tried the update twice yesterday after seeing the update notice (which seems to block a normal data sync). It failed both times. Tried several more times today. It continues to fail. The watch display appears to be ~60% complete and hasn't budged since it first displayed that this morning. The watch has effectively become useless. Horrible update.

Best Answer