Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.2 - Ionic Firmware Release (32.12.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, everyone! I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.2! (Firmware Version: 32.12.19) At this time, we've released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. 

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Please check out this help article to see what's new in this update.

IS THIS UPDATE AVAILABLE TO ME?

This update has only been released to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. If you have not yet received an update notification and wish to force the update, you can give the watch a FACTORY RESET and then follow steps 1 - 4 below. Please make sure you sync the watch before performing the reset so that all your current data transfer over. Factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. Historical Fitbit data will still be available in the Fitbit App.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here. We recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article.

If you run into trouble updating your Ionic, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have questions, please let me know in this thread!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
422 REPLIES 422

I updated my Ionic to 27.32.12.19 and it only took 30 minutes which is an improvement. However two other concerns have presented themselves:

1) The battery life seems to have shortened A LOT. Now it only lasts one day (without any GPS-activity) before needing to recharge. Before the update this used to be around 7 days. 

2) The gyro seems bugged. When I bring my wrist to my face to check the time the Ionic remains off. In order to get the screen to light up I need to manually press a button. If I need to use both my hands to tell the time I'm switching back to a manual watch.

I hope these problems will be adressed soon so I vcan go back to using my Fitbit the way I am used to! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still haven't received the update yet but I'm not sure I want it. 

My ionic, after 4 months, has suddenly started syncing with my Huawei phone!! Brilliant news!

Best Answer

Have'nt received the update yet....why???? My wife received it a week ago, and normally we get the updates at the same time......

Best Answer

Has this update been pulled?  I usually get it shortly after announcement.  

Best Answer

I have an Ionic that wont update,  get there red x.   i have tried all the suggestions,  removing from my account,  hard reset, using wifi, using bluetooth,  on the charger, off the charger, nothing works.  it starts to update then the watch itself shuts off and wont continue to install.   it still shows on the app as firmware version 20.16.23.  why does it not have the newest firmware to update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matt I don't think they have a criteria or plan who gets it first and who doesn't. You would think they would send it out to users that have had it a while and know how the watch works but they don't. Last time they were sending it out to new users saying they wanted those people to get the new software user experience right away. Than when people have trouble they don't understand why or feed them some line to try to placate them. I'm sure somewhere down the line we users that have the watch for a while and have gone through a couple firmware updates will eventually get the update but as far as I can tell Fitbit's plan is no plan it's just random.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new ionic just does not like syncing i feel i should have stuck with apple....really dissappointed...the dash board on the pc wont sync.the phone takes forever after flicking the screen several times.. it will be going back to Argos at the weekend shame...

Best Answer

I’ve noticed that there have been two iOS Fitbit app updates over the past two days. I’m wondering if maybe the app is the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told by the support to do a factory reset.......why should that help when they are supposed to push out the releases?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continuous participation on this thread regarding Ionic's latest firmware update.

I'm glad to read that some of you already got the update and were able to download it.

For the ones that have not received the update yet; you should in the following days as this is a progressive roll out.

If you already receive the update and are not able to get it to download; please try the steps listed on this helpful article and then try the update again.

Also, please check the steps and recommended troubleshooting shown on this post. This should also help you out with this.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

How we will recognise receivised update 32.12.19?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR Without any assurances that the issues raised in this thread have been corrected in some way, there is no way I'm putting that update on my watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nor will I. Very disappointed since my favorite clock face has a pending update that doesn't work without the OS update. Please let us know if it is safe to update, once it shows up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't we have the option to ignore the update ,my replacement ionic is working perfectly fine no issue with syncing  etc ,yet once the update hits the app will not sync u til you update the ionic ,and reading all the issues it's just a typical Fitbit OS update loads of issues 

And again I'll ask and be ignored 1 year on still no SPO2 sensor working and still no Popular UK banks added to fit bit pay ( despite the thread requesting banks to be added ) 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@SantiR Without any assurances that the issues raised in this thread have been corrected in some way, there is no way I'm putting that update on my watch.

Nor will I. Very disappointed since my favorite clock face has a pending update that doesn't work without the OS update. Please let us know if it is safe to update, once it shows up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed.  I am so frustrated by this!  phone and dashboard aren't updating.  The app just hangs when I try to re-pair the phone and watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot believe i swapped my apple watch for this..Wont sync, keeps disconnecting from phone, update fails, wont update to dashboard, I am so dissappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are all having the same issues updating these devices.... Common denominator? FITBIT. So pissed off. I already had a replacement sent because this update decided to trash my battery. now the replacement wont update either. factory reset, uninstall fitbit app, forget device, reboot phone, reset bluetooth and forget device...... none of that works. This "device" is a piece of garbage.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand your frustration as I have sent through the exact same scenario you are experiencing. It's not the Ionic that is bad, it's the firmware that is missing up the Ionic and the Fitbit App. I will say I have been very pleased with Fitbit's customer service. They are trying to help with something that was not their fault, so I'm at least happy they are being understanding!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

i must be stuck in the dark ages,  mine still shows 20.16.13 and the watch WONT update. it starts then the watch itself shuts off.  i dont understand why this is so difficult, if the firmware is bad  send the new firmware to my account so that I can update.  I  have tried every possible fix available to mankind, literally had it ON top of my router/modem. NOTHING WORKS !!!!!

"I have an Ionic that wont update,  get the red x.   i have tried all the suggestions,  removing from my account,  hard reset, using wifi, using bluetooth,  on the charger, off the charger, nothing works.  it starts to update then the watch itself shuts off and wont continue to install.   it still shows on the app as firmware version 20.16.23.  why does it not have the newest firmware to update?"

Best Answer