Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.2 - Ionic Firmware Release (32.12.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, everyone! I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.2! (Firmware Version: 32.12.19) At this time, we've released Fitbit OS 2.2 to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. 

WHAT'S CHANGED?

Please check out this help article to see what's new in this update.

IS THIS UPDATE AVAILABLE TO ME?

This update has only been released to a small group of Fitbit Ionic and Fitbit Versa users. If you have not yet received an update notification and wish to force the update, you can give the watch a FACTORY RESET and then follow steps 1 - 4 below. Please make sure you sync the watch before performing the reset so that all your current data transfer over. Factory resetting your device clears all data from the watch including music, Fitbit Pay information, and apps. Historical Fitbit data will still be available in the Fitbit App.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Ionic can be found here. We recommend updating your Ionic over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Ionic to Wi-Fi, check out this article.

If you run into trouble updating your Ionic, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the watch. 
  2. "Remove" the watch from your account inside of the Fitbit app.  
  3. "Forget" the watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings (along with any other Fitbit devices paired to your phone)
  4. Try the update again. 

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have questions, please let me know in this thread!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
422 REPLIES 422

Why does my ionic no longer give me phone notifications, it did before the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every time there is a firmware update, I'm forced to factory reset my Ionic because it will NOT update, and eventually stops syncing, too, because it NEEDS to update.  Why can't Ionics just update like normal Fitbits?  I don't get it.  Is mine broken?  It ALWAYS does this.  Works fine until there is an update, and them bam.. useless until factory restore.  I feel like it's a little ridiculous, at this point.

I have  Moto Z Force 2, and up until your firmware update everything was going swimmingly.  It will not update through my laptop, either. I've tried resetting it.. have tried for weeks to update... and now have followed instructions to unpair my Ionic from my fitbit app and phone, and now THEY aren't even talking 😞 I can't pair them again.  I am genuinely frustrated. My phone tells me it can find the Ionic, but not connect to it, anymore.  It just tells me to make sure my Ionic is powered up.. it's plugged in at 100%!

I just want to know whether I should even bother with this device anymore.

Best Answer

@banirul wrote:

Same as mine, the firmware still stuck on 27.32.10.20. 

Same here.

But considering the issues, maybe it is best to just sit tight and wait?

Best Answer
Call support and they can help you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Janet, I have been in discussion with support for several weeks and have asked for a phone umber to call them several times, but this has not been provided, do you have their number

Best Answer

@JohnMacP

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs
If in US you can call (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

What about Canada ?

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! I truly appreciate your feedback and the time that each one has took to share their experience with this firmware update. 

As with every new firmware update, it isn't released to everyone instead it goes out for percentages. This to ensure that it goes out smoothly. Please be patient while it gets available to you. 

Rest assure that all the troubleshooting that's being provided by the Moderators is to help you fixing the issue you might be experiencing. 

Hey there @faja23. I've shared your post with our Customer Support team. They will continue assisting you. 

Hey @Shàmai. I appreciate the troubleshoot that you've followed. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. Please continue the communication via email. 

A warm welcome to the Community @debbiejf. I would like you to try the following steps: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

Hey @TacoPirate. I appreciate the details that you've mentioned. The mobile phone that you mentioned isn't in the list of supported devices. Sometimes, users are able to sync or receive notifications while using a non supported device, however, after an update it stops working. You may want to try this syncing troubleshoot but I can't confirm that it will work because your phone isn't supported. You can also try following the steps using a computer. 

Last but not least, if you're experiencing any issue while trying to update the firmware, please follow the steps that my friend @MarreFitbit mentioned above. 

Hope this helps! I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit I think this should be the slowest roll-out ever. It's nearly one month that the roll-out was launched and a large number of users didn't get it. Can you share the percentage of completion?

Also as a developer I'm quite frustrated I can't target my apps to SDK2 and I have to compile them in SDK1. I think the developers should not only be included into the first phase of the rollout but also be part of a betatest phase. My 2 cents.

Best Answer

I agree, i still haven't got the update, however based on the comments i'm not sure i'm ready for the headaches to install it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been almost a month and I don’t see any update notification for the new firmware.  Where would it be? Where would I find it? I’m getting frustrated with Fitbit

Update: Did you get the new update? I haven't seen any notification to update 

Update 2: When should I receive a notification to update? I'm assuming the notification will be in the Fitbit app. Is the new is OS update 2.2 100 percent rolled out? I wish I could get some answers. Just frustrated 

Best Answer

Didn't get anything on my Ionic and neither my wife on her Versa. I usually get the update in max 4-5 days.

Silence from Fitbit official support is honestly disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received a warranty replacement, I can finally use fitbit pay! Yay! I didn't realize something was wrong for over 6 months. It seemed the update broke my original fitbit, so BEWARE!

Haven't gotten the release yet but now I'm scared to update anyways.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic has been running OK for the last 9 months. The GPS is weak, so keeps skipping, but the main things I do work. I have firmware 27.32.10.20. I cannot find any list of what was actually fixed or changed after that. I tried this, but it's completely useless because I can't relate any of that to exact firmware versions, and it's too vague anyway.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2302?q=update+firmware&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Could somebody tell me if there were any changes that were actually useful because I don't want to run the risk of an update when there's no advantage from it?

I have to say that the info from Fitbit on their updates and fixes is the worst I've seen on any product.

Best Answer

Nope. Nobody except Fitbit can tell you what has changed. And Fitbit has chosen to be very opaque in their release notes.

Many of us have asked for more transparency over the past several updates and get repeatedly pointed to the vague release notes they feel are informative.

It would likely be a beneficial step in mending the rift between Fitbit and their customers, and probably one that's fairly easy to transfer from their internal defect tracking system (one would hope they have a structure system for tracking/prioritizing issues) to the release notes.

Best Answer

I an Ionic but have been unable to install the initial firmware update and am honestly getting pretty frustrated at this point.

For 3 straight nights, It got about 90% done and then failed. I have tried rebooting it and my phone before each time. I have also tried updating over Wifi and Bluetooth and I have tried using 2 different phones. The phone I have used for the majority of attempts, connects via Bluetooth to other things regularly and has a strong wifi signal everywhere in my house.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why don't they (Fitbit) simply say they have stopped  rolling out the update and are fixing the problems. I am happy that I've never received it, after all the struggles I've read about here. However, it would be nice to know what's going on. Come on, Fitbit. Your customers are smart people. I doubt anyone is going to run out and buy an apple watch or some other brand, just because you guys are truthful and transparent. 

Best Answer

So I see still NOT able to respond to replies.  I can't even respond to IM. Not much in this update and probably won't update till a real one comes out.  I'll probably go with an Apple watch next year

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Trvlbug207 If you are on an iOS device, this is not the fault of Fitbit. The inability to reply to messages is due to Apple not allowing access. Garmin devices suffer the same issue.

Best Answer

This has done nothing for the newest update in late October. You have hundreds of people with devices that have stopped syncing all around 26 October. The google play fitbit app review board has many many people commenting about the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes